Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

European Championship 2004

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a get together for the Forum members one of the nights?

I'm in, but it will have to be AFTER the match. I need my sleep :D

I'll be there.

Spook, don't care about your beauty sleep - that's way beyond repair :P

There is a lot of talk about this shoot off. I'm fairly new to the sport and have never seen or been in one so what's the deal. Who gets picked? Out of the 282 people in standard div are there 20...10 or 30 that get to shoot it off.

Why is there a shoot off? is it a time filler so stats have time to sort the 32000 score sheets or has it always been a part of major competitions. It does look fun.

i know how it works, shot 5 poppers, reload and spray and pray on the last one. quickest guy wins.

I'm in, but it will have to be AFTER the match. I need my sleep :D

I'll be there.

Spook, don't care about your beauty sleep - that's way beyond repair :P

Sleep?!%¤& It doesn't have to be a raving drunk feast. We'll all have to eat every night and will probably do so at some restaurante Tabor, I plan to be in shape for the competition too but a beer or cola one night will not kill my performance.

QUOTE (spook @ Aug 9 2004, 08:37 AM)

I'm in, but it will have to be AFTER the match. I need my sleep 

I'll be there.

Spook, don't care about your beauty sleep - that's way beyond repair 

:lol: It is, isn't it :(;)

Sleep?!%¤& It doesn't have to be a raving drunk feast. We'll all have to eat every night and will probably do so at some restaurante Tabor, I plan to be in shape for the competition too but a beer or cola one night will not kill my performance.

I'd rather have a raving drunk feast after the match :lol:

I'd rather have a raving drunk feast after the match :lol:

Agree but I drive home Sunday morning. So I guess it will be the official banquett then...

There is a lot of talk about this shoot off. I'm fairly new to the sport and have never seen or been in one so what's the deal. Who gets picked? Out of the 282 people in standard div are there 20...10 or 30 that get to shoot it off.

Many moons ago, the Shoot-Off was actually treated as a stage, and the outcome was included as part of your match results. These days it's a "side-event", quite separate from the match, hence if you do something silly and get a DQ, it only affects the Shoot-Off, not the main match.

Essentially, it's an event more for spectators than the participants, but of course the participants still have fun. It's also fun for other competitors who didn't get to shoot in the "Super Squad" to watch the top dogs in action.

It depends on the Match Director, but it's usually either the Top 16 or Top 8 in each Division who qualify for the Shoot-Off, so you need to have the match results ready before you can identify "the cut". If you've never seen one before, it's well worth the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats Spook! Way cool!

Now I have to say that I'm really disappointed with the Czech web-coverage of the event! :angry:

They only posted tuesday evening stage results, and up to now there are no final results posted on the official website.

This is the first time in a continental competition I see this happening!

At least at EC 2001 and WS XIII we had daily results posted! :angry:

Congrats Spook! Way cool!

Now I have to say that I'm really disappointed with the Czech web-coverage of the event! :angry:

They only posted tuesday evening stage results, and up to now there are no final results posted on the official website.

This is the first time in a continental competition I see this happening!

At least at EC 2001 and WS XIII we had daily results posted! :angry:

Second you Sky,

surfed to the CZ-site every day to see what's going on! But I've to say about Spook, I saw it coming esp. after Rooster Montain.

He's really dedicated to the sport! Our first Dutch NPSA European Champion!!! :)

WOW

Hey guys,

I already posted something in the Revo-forum (and I'm going to post something in the Braggin'-forum as well :D ).

I had a great time there. Met up with Dalmas (BTW, Mats I looked at the results and you did a great job shooting that 9milla man!), Even, Julien and many others.

I can't wait to go to Ecuador to shoot against my big idol (Jerry M. in case you didn't know! ;))

I've been walking on clouds ever since I heard I won the match at the ceremony (I hadn't done the math, so I was unsure until the very last moment).

I want to thank tha whole bunch of ya! Especially Dalmas, Even, A33435 for being very pleasant company at the match (it was way cool hanging around with you guys!) And Mats, if you see Ralf anytime soon, would you tell him the same thing? It was so cool to see a nice guy like that win a big fat medal!

Thanks all!!!!! This place rocks!!!!!

• 1 month later...
we want pics! we want pics! we want pics!

Your wish has come true. A comprehensive set of images is now available here, however note that due to the large number of "thumbnail" images, the page will probably be slow to load if you don't have a broadband connection.

Enjoy!