Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

texas star

EEH

i shot it clean today in the local uspsa match. no idea what time i did it in cause there were other targets to be engaged.

That's funny. I went to a USPSA match today and did the same thing. I started out on the star and then went on to other targets. It was nice to dump a round on the ground after clearing the star. Beats the heck out of standing there doing flat footed reloads and cussing. :roflol:

they had the star with a mover that went in front of the star with three plates that was activated with anther plate.... i tried to shoot that 7th shot several times today....... but picked the star clean reloaded activated and hit the movers to finish... looked like i knew what i was doing for a brief second

Area Three last year first target a Texas Star. I smoked it went 5 for 5. My head must have momentarily swelled up because after I did my reload I missed the next target, a metric target at about 6yds. Go figure!!

2.1 sec with a 625 and iron sights.

DB

I thought I did it fast--5.18--five for five--but that was all we shooting with timer,,one other shooter did it in 5.08--gmel I didn't know thats how you did it!!!

I copied Carmoneys hammer-

I have no idea of the time, but it sure seems alot of us shot the star this weekend. On our stage it was the last thing we shot, alot of steel and paper before we got to the star.

2.1 sec with a 625 and iron sights.

DB

:surprise: With a draw or starting on the first shot?

Thats some good shooting... :cheers:

From the draw, 2 years ago at an IDPA side match they had a plate rack with wide spaces from plate to plate at 15/16 yds, I got the best time with (I think) 2.3 something from the holster. Now the Star was shot at 12yds though.

DB

Nobody has mentioned what distances we're discussing. 10 yards, I can hit the plates about as fast as I can make the transition, so probably .4 splits or so. 15 yards, you have to be a bit careful, so add .01 per yard after ten, and you'll be in the neighborhood.

H.

I haven't ever shot just a plain star with a revo but I would guess high 3's to low 4's with a 625 and major power factor ammo, for me.

I didn't realize you had ever tried any major power factor ammo! ;)

I new I shouldn't have mentoined that...

BTW- 10 yards

Nobody has mentioned what distances we're discussing. 10 yards, I can hit the plates about as fast as I can make the transition, so probably .4 splits or so. 15 yards, you have to be a bit careful, so add .01 per yard after ten, and you'll be in the neighborhood.

H.

OK,,we had the star set at 14 yards,,12 looked kind of close;;from the draw--and one from the low ready,,

14 is an honest distance, you'll miss if you get sloppy, you'll hit if you see your sights at all. Are you shooting it top-left-right-down-cross? When I was starting and wasn't very fast, it was better to shoot the star top-2 o'clock and stay there while the plates came up into the sight picture, moving down as necessary, but now I can attack the plates and go top-side-side-bottom-bottom. The only trick with revolver is to realize that the sight picture is the sights in the center of the plate (maybe wobbling), not just on the plate, since you can only tolerate a single miss.

H.