Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Indiana SS/Prod/Revolver

Corey,

I shot this match last year as my first level II. I had shot a few club matches. The people were great and patient. You will be squadded with a bunch of good people, just let them know its your first match and they will help you through it. You should shoot it. If you wait until you feel like Rob Leatham to shoot your first match you never will. This match is 5 hours from me and I am still gonna try and make it. Don't miss this much fun 40 minutes from your house..........

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Corey

Give me a e-mail and tell me what you have and I see what I can find . There is 2 indoor matchs at Bend of the River to practice on this winter.

I am sorry , I should have put you shooting when you were at are club last year. Going on are 3rd year as a USPSA club and so much more to learn !!

Send me a e-mail sw686@embarqmail.com

Brent

Corey, the "I don't have enough stuff" excuse is a lame one. Bring your gear and ask around to borrow the few things you need to shoot.

I always carry a extra mag pouch or two in the bag (for the gun I'm running) and we all have extra mags laying around in the range bag. And I have loaned them out many times. If you need more than that you may want to ask if anyone can bring what you might need to shoot.

At the time was actually pretty true tho, no mag holders and only 1 or 2 mags. im set on gear now, so i cant use that excuse anymore... :)

Hi Corey

Give me a e-mail and tell me what you have and I see what I can find . There is 2 indoor matchs at Bend of the River to practice on this winter.

I am sorry , I should have put you shooting when you were at are club last year. Going on are 3rd year as a USPSA club and so much more to learn !!

Send me a e-mail sw686@embarqmail.com

Brent

Ill be emailing you soon Brent, we've talked a few times before and like i said Ive been to the range a time or two to check things out last year. Cant wait to start shooting more this year. :)

hnmmmmm, i may show up to this as its 40 min from my house. not sure on other match schedules and whether this "special" match would be a good one for my first tho. maybe ill just come hang out and meet a few of you guys :)

Come! If you need gear, let me know. I have spare production and single stack guns, mags, and holsters for them. No excuses!

I drove Corey and myself up to a match in Warsaw last year. If you convince Corey to shoot, I will as well lol, since we are both first time competitors. Ill be shooting Production class, probably with my G21SF, but hopefully with the G17 I plan on getting. Ive got mags, just need to get some holders.

I drove Corey and myself up to a match in Warsaw last year. If you convince Corey to shoot, I will as well lol, since we are both first time competitors. Ill be shooting Production class, probably with my G21SF, but hopefully with the G17 I plan on getting. Ive got mags, just need to get some holders.

See Corey, it looks like you've got a ride..... :cheers:

See Corey, it looks like you've got a ride..... :cheers:

haha, there went my last excuse :)

gonna get my practice on...looks like i may have plans in early April :cheers:

Right now the Single Stack shooters are signing up, so far only one Production competitor signed up, the rest are all Single Stack!!!

Where are all the plastic fantastic shooters?

Don't forget we are letting those that like to reload those round things shoot this match this year!!

now that ive been guilted into shooting, haha, i have a couple quick questions:

the first page mentions shooting saturday or sunday. is there a difference between the two days or just preference for a personal schedule?

ballpark idea on how mnay spots left for either day?

ETA: Being a level II match, im assuming i need to be a USPSA member to shoot this? do i need my USPSA registratinon before i sign up? Im not yet, but i will be by then, just want to clarify.

thanks

Edited by Corey

I'm registered.... but am going to need a cheap clean motel nearby.

It's been 50 years since I was in Warsaw.... is there such a place in that town???

I know there are plenty in FW but there's no use driving any further than I have too...... It's probably going to be a 5 hour drive for me as it is:(

Edited by MichiganShootist

i drive thru there enough and i remember seeing some in the actual city area. not sure on exactly whats there or not tho. hotels.com or something may help. there has to be a holiday inn or something along those lines in the area

try these :)

Edited by Corey

Right now the Single Stack shooters are signing up, so far only one Production competitor signed up, the rest are all Single Stack!!!

Where are all the plastic fantastic shooters?

Don't forget we are letting those that like to reload those round things shoot this match this year!!

One more tupperware shooter in the mail today.

Hey Jon , I invited Corey to come to Warsaw and practice indoors why don't you come too . Not much warmer indoors as out doors but no wing or snow. I will take both of you to Bend of the River on the 4th Sunday and shoot there match indoors and warm !!. I should have Production mag holders you can use. Then the shoot in Feb too.

If I remember right Tim said Angola was having a classifier match the week before the State match . You can get 3 match's in before the big one !! :cheers:

Brent

Hey Jon , I invited Corey to come to Warsaw and practice indoors why don't you come too . Not much warmer indoors as out doors but no wing or snow. I will take both of you to Bend of the River on the 4th Sunday and shoot there match indoors and warm !!. I should have Production mag holders you can use. Then the shoot in Feb too.

If I remember right Tim said Angola was having a classifier match the week before the State match . You can get 3 match's in before the big one !! :cheers:

Brent

I believe we plan on coming up to shoot with you sometime, and plan on going to the match in Niles you mentioned. I talked to him earlier, and we're lookin forward to it.

Im trying to save money right now, with work being hit or miss, so I may shoot the first few matches with my G21SF, and then hopefully before April Ill be able to get a G34.

not sure how mags mags you got for ur G21, but you can use my 2 for these days(im gonna need'em back afterward, lol) if you want til you can get your 34 and accessories for it. :)

Gonna be getting signed up with USPSA this week and prolly send in my registration for this match as well.

Here are the stages there are nine listed, but we may only be able to fit 8 of these

Fill_your_Hands_U_SOB.DOC

Have_you_ever_been_to_Nacogdoches.DOC

His_upper_lip.DOC

Not_hardly.DOC

That__ll_be_the_day.DOC

Time_you_learned_to_repest_your_betters.DOC

Windage_and_Elevation.DOC

You_Made_it_.DOC

Time to get your entry mailed in. This is going to be a fun match, a real nice warm up

to the Single Stack Nationals and a good way to kick off the season.

Thoroughly_dangerous_man.DOC

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

It's been 50 years since I was in Warsaw.... is there such a place in that town???

I know there are plenty in FW but there's no use driving any further than I have too...... It's probably going to be a 5 hour drive for me as it is:(

I don't know the area or anything, but when I shopped it online I found a decent deal at the Super 8 in Warsaw and it looks to be less than ten minutes from the match.....

QUOTE (MichiganShootist @ Jan 8 2010, 02:02 PM)

I don't know the area or anything, but when I shopped it online I found a decent deal at the Super 8 in Warsaw and it looks to be less than ten minutes from the match.....

Sorry I miss this post . All the motels are on the east side of town along US30 . To get to the range go west on 30 , first stop light after you go over ST15 . Turn left (south)on 150w and go up a big hill ( that hill is the 200 yd back stop ) and half way down the back side of the hill on the right is the drive to the club.

For BREAKFAST there are 3 that would be good choices. All off US30 , Maria's house of pancakes is my 1st pick. About 1 mile east of the motels on the north side of 30 across from the shell station, Richard's is on the south side east of the motels , Bob Evans is about were all the motels are.

The Super 8 says if I can give him a number of how many is coming to stay he might give a better rate.

Brent

QUOTE (MichiganShootist @ Jan 8 2010, 02:02 PM)

Sorry I miss this post . All the motels are on the east side of town along US30 . To get to the range go west on 30 , first stop light after you go over ST15 . Turn left (south)on 150w and go up a big hill ( that hill is the 200 yd back stop ) and half way down the back side of the hill on the right is the drive to the club.

For BREAKFAST there are 3 that would be good choices. All off US30 , Maria's house of pancakes is my 1st pick. About 1 mile east of the motels on the north side of 30 across from the shell station, Richard's is on the south side east of the motels , Bob Evans is about were all the motels are.

The Super 8 says if I can give him a number of how many is coming to stay he might give a better rate.

Brent

I have already got a reservation there so you can count me for sure.