Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

...Changing oil in the truck

Ohioguy

Changed the oil in my '06 F-250 tonight. Local shops charge $100+ to do it, so I won't complain about the $60 I spend every time I change it. Its a fact of life that it needs changed, but I hate getting rid of the used oil.

My 15 quart oil pan barely holds what comes out of the truck. Getting the used oil back into the containers I just filled the truck up with is a nightmare itself. With all the oil changes I have done on the truck, I have accumulated 30+ gallons of used oil, all sitting in the garage. Maybe next year during camping season, I'll take it out to the camper and use it to start my fires.

Changed the oil in my '06 F-250 tonight. Local shops charge $100+ to do it, so I won't complain about the $60 I spend every time I change it. Its a fact of life that it needs changed, but I hate getting rid of the used oil.

My 15 quart oil pan barely holds what comes out of the truck. Getting the used oil back into the containers I just filled the truck up with is a nightmare itself. With all the oil changes I have done on the truck, I have accumulated 30+ gallons of used oil, all sitting in the garage. Maybe next year during camping season, I'll take it out to the camper and use it to start my fires.

Try a salvage yard in your area. Most of them burn wast oil.

I use several 5 gallon gas cans to take it to the auto parts store that I buy oil from. They take it for free and sell it to be recycled. A lot easier to deal with it 5 gallons a shot than try and pour it back into the containers.

Try a salvage yard in your area. Most of them burn wast oil.

+1 Lot's of places have waste oil furnaces. They have to buy diesel when they don't get enough waste oil. Alot of trucking companies burn it.