Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel Challenge with Single Action Revolver?

Blueridge

I was wondering if anyone on the forum shoots steel challenge with a single action revolver. :unsure: I came across a mention of such in the rulebook about being able to, and in the Front Sight Magazine that someone had done so at the Nationals (?). I am curious enough to consider shooting with one of my single actions at a local steel challenge match for the experience of it. :)

I was done at my local club. Reloading time was something of a hassle. It was suggested that if anyone wanted to do it again, they should bring 5 guns.

Yeah, I figured that the reloading time would take a bit, but I do have 4 single action revolvers. The question then would be how do you manage to reload the revolvers in preparation for the stages? Most ranges that I have been to are "cold" ranges, and therefore loading would only be allowed at the "ready box".

I might just check with the local range that holds steel challenge matches and see what can be done. I think that it would be interesting to try with a single action.

• 3 months later...

Clyde Harrison does it in Griffin some. And is VERY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for reloading on the clock. Use 2 guns.

Reloading between stages is a bit slow but so what. If you want to shoot SA revo it is a legal class shoot it and they will get over it.