Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not happy with my Trijicon TR-24

Chris

So I recently purchased a new Trijicon TR-24R (red triangle) after seeing others and thinking its a good piece of glass.

Then I received mine in the mail a few weeks ago, mounted it up and took it out to sight it in. That only lasted 5 rounds and I was not happy. The image quality of the scope is not up to par with other TR-24's I have seen. At 4x the image is slightly blurry, has chromatic aberration and just looks terrible.

I contacted the dealer and was told he would not replace or refund it since I had already mounted it and I had to send it to Trijicon for service. Great...

So Trijicon gets it and promptly sends it back as "no problem found and it meets our specs..". I talked to their CS guys (who were no help and didn't really seem to care) and was told they put it on their parallax machine and found no problems.

So at this point am I stuck with this thing as is? The dealer won't call me back and I don't want to waste any more money by sending it back to Trijicon. My only other option is to dispute it with my CC company and see what happens from there.

What would you guys do?

Chris s.

Edited by Chris

That sucks...

I had an issue with my brand new TR-21, but when I sent it back to Trijicon, they made it right and had it back in my hands in a week...

I would suggest giving Trijicon another shot. Try getting a CS manager, and appeal your case that your particular specimen is not the same as others you've used... be specific about what's wrong with it. I'd be suprised if they totally blow you off.

Edited by Xfactor

That sucks...

I had an issue with my brand new TR-21, but when I sent it back to Trijicon, then made it right and had it back in my hands in a week...

I would suggest giving Trijicon another shot. Try getting a CS manager, and appeal your case that your particular specimen is not the same as others you've used... be specific about what's wrong with it. I'd be suprised if they totally blow you off.

+1...I had a TR-21 back when they first came out and the tritium didn't seem bright enough for me. I sent it back to them and they sent me a new one. You've got to be persistant. You paid too much $$$ for that scope not to be ahppy with it.

OK just talked to Trijicon CS. They told me to send it back and it will go through a different evaluation since its coming back for the second time. I asked to see if they can send a shipping tag to cover the shipping and the guy said he can ask, but can't promise anything. I should hear back tomorrow morning.

Wait and see...

Document all that you do to resolve your issue and if Trijicon does not come through then dispute it with the CC route, that is a great way to get thier attention for sure! Of course it is not really the vendors fault but he should try to help, if he doesn't help then take your business somewhere else for sure.

Please keep us informed, I want to know. Trijicon is a great supporter of our sport so please give them another chance to make it right.

RLTW,

Scott

Chris - I had an issue with a tr-21 with a loose lense. I sent it back twice to correct the problem.

They did end up sending me a new scope in the end.

But I have to say that I was satisfied with their customer service and I received several calls from Trijicon too make sure I was happy.

I would expect you will be treated the same way.

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

I had a issue with a TR21 continuing to move on me. Within 5 stages at the Iron Man I totally lost zero with it (9" low and 4" left). It wasn't me honest! :rolleyes:

It was off so bad that I could heard something rattling so I sent it back to Trijicon and they were very good about getting it back to me. I got it back with a no explanation other than parallax problem resolved.

It wasn't that much better (and I lost total confidence in it) so I gave it to a shooting buddy to shoot at varmits with. I decided to move on and try something else but haven't figured out the something else yet.

All in all it is a great concept but either I got a lemon or it just is not the right scope for me.

Edited by Godzilla