Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oversized charging handle

buzzworm

Hey folks. While ROing at RM3G, I noticed several shooters come through that had HUGE charging handles on their ARs. Looked like a bigger version of the original. (charging handle envy?? :unsure: ) Can anyone point me to where they came from?

I just finished a new build using the JP lower that I got there(thanks John), and would like to put one of these on it. I did a search, and also looked in the dealers forum, but did not have any luck finding one.

Thanks in advance for the help. :cheers:

Are you talking about an oversized latch or the entire handle being larger?

I just googled the PRI handle and found it interesting. How does that thing work? Is the handle portion simply larger and that is what does the gas blocking? Is this handle stronger? Is it worth even close to $85+?

Edited by jtischauser

If you are looking for a new charging handle, you owe it to yourself to try out the new BCM Gunfighter CH. Two latches to choose from, the Mod3 (large), and Mod4 (medium), both are larger than stock and greatly improve the ease of use. Designed to take stress off the roll pin they should last much longer than a standard CH with an add on latch.

Here's a link.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-GUNFIGH...h%20mod%204.htm

While I haven't used mine that much yet, it has made it much easier to rack the bolt one handed, and adds some piece of mind as far as it's durability. Its being half the price of the Pri Gasbuster and cheaper than a standard CH with an add on tac latch makes it that much better.

Hope this helps.

Travis Gibson was running a charging handle that is coming on the market that is very oversized and capable of being operated from both sides of the gun.

It's been a while, but that is prob. what I saw. I remember asking where they got them, and was told one of the guys in the squad was making them. (had so many nice folks come through our stage over three days, it's sometimes hard to remember who said what, sorry)

Thanks everyone.

Travis Gibson was running a charging handle that is coming on the market that is very oversized and capable of being operated from both sides of the gun.

Sounds like the one I got recently. I haven't used it much, be seems to work great!

Check it out, Here

They have it at, Brownells

That's not the one Travis had. I know the handle is being made??? Terry Lowinger and I believe Bob Novak from Techwear may be marketing it as well as having a hand in making it but nonetheless I can't remember the name of the handle in order to find it with a search.

Hopefully one of them will chime in with the info.

Those of us who have rifles with left side charging handles do not ever have to worry about this.

what rifles do you speak of?

AR 15s. There are several folks that make uppers with the cocking handle on the left side.

I've seen the JP 308 with left side bolt handle. Who makes the 223 types?

You may have seen them on either Bob's and my gun at the RM3G this year. You can get them from the guys at TechwearUSA. Give them a call and ask for the oversize charging handle.

I spoke to Bob Novak about it at the RM3G and he said they will be producing them.

Is this the charging handle you seek? I can't remeber which Enos member these videos are from unfortunately.

That's it!

Just got off the phone with Terry. Have 2 on the way. (one for the new gun, one for my back up gun)

Thanks for all the help. You guys are great. :cheers:

BW

Is this the charging handle you seek? I can't remeber which Enos member these videos are from unfortunately.

That's it!

Just got off the phone with Terry. Have 2 on the way. (one for the new gun, one for my back up gun)

Thanks for all the help. You guys are great. :cheers:

BW

How much are they?

You may have seen them on either Bob's and my gun at the RM3G this year. You can get them from the guys at TechwearUSA. Give them a call and ask for the oversize charging handle.

I spoke to Bob Novak about it at the RM3G and he said they will be producing them.

I exchanged email with Novak today. For those of you coming, they will have them at the FB3G.