Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Titegroup For 9mm In Idpa

tracecom

i have been loading TiteGroup for my 9mm for the last year. I have a Kahr T9 with a 3.5" barrel. my load is 130gr Rainier RN over 3.8gr of TiteGroup. i get about 135PF. its a little bit higher power factor than i need but i like the way it functions.

I agree with Monster I found TG to be loud, obnoxious, dirty and sharp. I only tried a pound, but that was enough for me. I use either 310 or 320 under a 147 Zero. Feel wise for a similar pf load I can't tell the difference between 310 and 320. In fact this past week, I alternated a 310 and 320 load in a mag and shooting one after the other I couldn't tell a difference. 320 left a little soot back about 1/3 of the case and 310 didn't. But that is nothing to what TG did. There wasn't enough pressure to seal any of the case and I ended up with a lot more gunk accumulation around the chamber area than VV gives.

Just my $0.02, TG has a great deal of support. I'm just not one of its supporters. VV is harder to get and if you don't load enough to make buying 12-16lbs at a time realistic its not real economical to buy by the pound.