Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's the best way to wear the CR Speed WSM II holster?

robot

I'm shooting USPSA Limited and just got the new CR Speed WSM II holster. What is the best position to wear it? should it be :

1. be positioned exactly at 3 o'clock? or further forward 2:00?

2. should it be vertically positioned or canted with the tip forward around 40-45degrees?

hope someone can help.

Everyone likes something different. I personally like the gun positioned slightly forward of the front of hip bone and adjust the cant so that the grip is about parallel with the ground. I also adjust the gun so it is straight up and down, no in or out cant. Experiment and you'll find what works for you, even after you've used the holster for a few months.

Hello: I used to wear holster alot more forward than I do now. The reason for the change is shooting through low port and picking up brass. Being so far forward it used to dig into my leg. I now have it more to the side just behind my hip bone with a muzzle forward cant and the beavertail side a little higher than the magwell side. It really comes down how you are built and how your arms hang naturally at your sides. I also like my arm to touch the magwell when standing naturally straight up. The CR Speed has lots of adjustments so play around with all of them till you get what you want. Thanks, Eric