Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm the only one who can make my guns function

sgtis108

An odd thing I've noticed over the last couple of years. 99% of the time that someone other than me shoots one of my guns, they malfunction. Some examples:

When I invite people to our local match, most of the time I provide them with everything but entry fee.

The last time I let my buddy use my production rig. A Glock 34 that I shot for three years. Flawless! He had light strikes, and a few failure to feed.

Last weekend I shot an IDPA match, not the norm but it was the last match I could shoot for a while, (Knee surgery 4 days ago).

After the match a newer guy was asking me some glock questions. He had a 17 and I had a different 34 than before. I offered to let him try the 34, and my reloads. Failure to feed. I take it, fire a couple of mags through it and give it back. Failure to feed for him again.

On the firring line at work, Shooters with malfunctions raise their non dominant hand. If they blame the gun, I always take the gun and fire at least 10 rounds myself. Never had an issue. (I do this to prove that it's not the gun).

Today my Dad was here checking on me. He wanted to shoot my airsoft limited gun. We opened the back door and shot into the back yard. You guessed it, it wouldn't run. I took it and fired a couple of mags through it.

The examples go on and on.

Do others Jinx my guns or do I just have the magic touch?

• 3 weeks later...

I think fomeister is correct about the grip being the difference. I noticed the difference grip makes when I loaded up some 130pf 10mm loads for my g20 for production I shoot the gun and it runs fine my son shoots the same load in limited minor and it wont feed from the mags with +2 extensions and stock springs but runs fine with standard mags or the arredondo extention and spring. my othe son who is smaller cant make the gun feed at all. major pf loads and everybody can shoot the gun fine I think grip strength makes a big differene espesialy when you are near the edge to begine with.

Im a notorious trigger slapper, and my triggers all have what some say is a lot of take up, a friend of mine cant run my guns because the way he shoots, is on the trigger, and mine need to be let go of to reset, and the way he manipulates the triggers isnt giving mine enuff room to reset.....

When I used to teach a lot of classes I used my G34 as a training gun and it never failed to run for even the teeniest, female, brand-new shooters. But I also had the gun fitted with an ISMI 13-pound recoil spring which I believe makes the gun MUCH less prone to failures to cycle due to limpwristing or otherwise less-than-perfect technique than the heavy stock spring.

When I used to teach a lot of classes I used my G34 as a training gun and it never failed to run for even the teeniest, female, brand-new shooters. But I also had the gun fitted with an ISMI 13-pound recoil spring which I believe makes the gun MUCH less prone to failures to cycle due to limpwristing or otherwise less-than-perfect technique than the heavy stock spring.

My 34's have 13# ISMI springs also. I do shoot 147's with fast powder, 130pf.

This is not just the 34's that this occurs with. Revolvers, airsoft, 5906's with duty ammo at work, AR's and even my 1100.

If I pick it it WILL run, if it is in good working order.

I just wonder why? I'm sure its good grip and form to some extent.

It makes me wonder how many guns go to a smith that are fine.

I heard a guy at work say he bought a new glock 17 that was a piece of junk. Every time he took it out it jammed.

The gun shop bought it back for half what he paid. He then bought a sig that was great.

I wonder if it was the gun or him. Of course he tells everyone he sees what junk a glock is :rolleyes: