Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hammer Spring Weight?

ck1

Hey guys, what's the lightest hammer spring I can go with in a Elite Match while still maintaining 100% reliability in setting off all factory primers?

I shoot IDPA mostly, so Henning's x-long firing pin is not an option since I'd have to remove the firing pin block (IDPA rules dictate NOT removing the firing pin block or any other safety's, guys who do this are cheating...).

I don't reload so I shoot whatever fmj I can find locally (wwb, monarch, blazer, etc.).

Thanks.

Thats a tall order looking for someone who would know the lightest hammer spring that will work for all factory ammo.

Why not just stick to one type of factory ammo and then keep lowering the hammer spring weight until you start getting light strikes.

Otherwise stick to the stock hammer spring.

Thats a tall order looking for someone who would know the lightest hammer spring that will work for all factory ammo.

Why not just stick to one type of factory ammo and then keep lowering the hammer spring weight until you start getting light strikes.

Otherwise stick to the stock hammer spring.

I could live with the stock spring no problem, actually after shooting glocks for so long I feel pretty spoiled with the Match's trigger, but of course still looking for the best trigger I can get out of it, while still meeting my needs.

Think I'll try a 14lb, and if I get any light strikes, maybe give the 15lb a try, if still no good I'll go back to stock... was just wondering if anyone had already been down this road...

Thanks though...

Hey guys, what's the lightest hammer spring I can go with in a Elite Match while still maintaining 100% reliability in setting off all factory primers?

I shoot IDPA mostly, so Henning's x-long firing pin is not an option since I'd have to remove the firing pin block (IDPA rules dictate NOT removing the firing pin block or any other safety's, guys who do this are cheating...).

I don't reload so I shoot whatever fmj I can find locally (wwb, monarch, blazer, etc.).

Thanks.

The same dilemma when I setup my Stock 2 because I shoot IPSC Production. The lightest hammer spring you can use with factory firing pin is 14 lbs but you have to use exclusively Federal Primers. Others like CCI, Winchester, Magtech, will not se toff.

I have no problem with it until Federal became difficult to find here in the Philippines. So we were forced to manufacture extended firing pin as long as the EGW but can still retain the FP block.

Get an extended FP and no problem with any primer. Now I use CCI.

Since you can't reload use Federal Ammo exclusively.

Hope this help.

Edited by dan 259

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

The same dilemma when I setup my Stock 2 because I shoot IPSC Production. The lightest hammer spring you can use with factory firing pin is 14 lbs but you have to use exclusively Federal Primers. Others like CCI, Winchester, Magtech, will not se toff.

I have no problem with it until Federal became difficult to find here in the Philippines. So we were forced to manufacture extended firing pin as long as the EGW but can still retain the FP block.

Get an extended FP and no problem with any primer. Now I use CCI.

Since you can't reload use Federal Ammo exclusively.

Hope this help.

Extended firing pin is not allowed in IPSC production, so now you are shooting standard or are you cheating? :rolleyes:

With a stock 40 Steel Witness I was able to run all factory ammo bought at local discount houses aka WalMart and Academy with a 15lb hammer spring. My CZ's also run 15# hammer springs with no issues, even with a competition hammer.

I would try a 15#.

I also reload and have even used rifle primers without an issue. CCI, MagTech, Win, Rem, and Fed. I have not shot any Wolf or Ficcoci.