Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Meaningless phrases

38supPat

Oh, and then there are the totally ridiculous bumper stickers declaring something like "My daughter/son is an honor student at (name of local school)." Criminy, how annoying. :angry2:

However: I also saw (some time later) a bumper sticker that declared something like "My honor student at (name of some local school) can beat YOUR honor student at (competing local school)." Now, I rather liked THAT one. :devil:

Anyone remember "Baby on Board"...??? God have mercy..... :rolleyes:<_<

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a "blank" ON BOARD sign in a store once (with a line where you could write in your OWN ridiculous topic), and so I would change the topic just about every day. At the time, "Joe Montana On Board" was my default offering to the reading public when I ran out of topic ideas. :lol:

Shit happens :wacko:

Isn't that one of the laws of physics though?I saw a great counter to those stupid "honor student" bumper stickers the other day too.It said "My kid knocked up your honor student".That one made me chuckle a little.-Mike

Edited to add this thought:How about those stick figure family bumper stickers.Do they seem like a menu for serial killer to anybody else??

Edited by kframe_mike

Both "knowwhatamsayin" and "have a good one" drive me into "Grrrrr...!" mode for real. They've GOT to be two of the lamest, stupidest verbal crutches going. :angry2:

But whenever someone sez to me, "Have a nice day!" I say, "I'm workin' on it!" and I inevitably get the deer-in-the-headlights look. Don't people have any imagination??!?!?!! <_<

When someone tells me to "Have a nice day", I usually reply with "Don't tell me what to do!" or "No thanks, I have other plans!"

The overuse of profanity dilutes the effectiveness of it when it might otherwise be appropriate and deliciously stunning. To hear a continual stream of it reduces it to a meaningless audio blur. One needs to reserve SOME bit of forceful speech for those, uh, moments when 'forceful speech' would vividly make a point. B)

F*^$ing right!

My father (being a plumber for 40 years) brought this one up one time: Hot water heater; If it's already hot, why do you need to heat it? I can just see my dad, with his dry sense of humor.... Customer " My hot water heater doesn't work." Dad "Well, are you putting hot water in it to heat?"