Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is it really a penalty for ejecting an empty mag

Alwaystryin

It is a procedual if you have 1 in the gun I think the reason is that under stress you can't count and should shoot till slide lock

Not sure who said you "can't count under stress". However, that is not true of everyone. In the various incidents I've been involved over 37+ years as a LEO I've never had a problem counting. Also in two incidents where shots were exchanged, I've made reloads both with retention and with an empty mag but 1 in the tube. I was fully aware what was happening in both incidents.

Edited by pvhendrix

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is a PE.

Why? because the rule book says it is. (sorry not trying to be a smart a$$ just the way the game is played)

Dan, I'm afraid that's the only justification or explanation for too many of our IDPA rules.

Yes it is a PE.

Why? because the rule book says it is. (sorry not trying to be a smart a$$ just the way the game is played)

Dan, I'm afraid that's the only justification or explanation for too many of our IDPA rules.

Why does the rule book need any justification? It is a rule, like not being allowed to load more than 10 rounds. Rules are rules and require no justification only that the rules are fairly applied and clearly listed.