Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Advice For Top Gunsmiths For Complete Tune-Up

Winghunter

Typical search on net is not providing what I need. I also didn't find this info on the forum either. (Hope I didn't miss it)

I have a stock 11-87 Police model and want the best to completely go through it from front sight to butt pad.

If it were yours, where would you send it to have it done right?

Thanks in advance.

Typical search on net is not providing what I need. I also didn't find this info on the forum either. (Hope I didn't miss it)

I have a stock 11-87 Police model and want the best to completely go through it from front sight to butt pad.

If it were yours, where would you send it to have it done right?

Thanks in advance.

GOOD LUCK.....I have terrible longterm experience with the 11-87 Platform.

A well tuned gas system is the key to getting the remmy to function properly. The only real downside to the remington platform for three gun is the small loading port. It can be opened up a bit which does help. The lifter needs to be extended a bit also to keep your thumb from getting pinched after the loading port has been opened. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss some of the options with the Remington platform.

• 2 weeks later...

Sell the Remington, take the money you were going to spend on it and send it all to Benny Hill for a Benelli M2. Mine never misses a beat, although it has been known to miss a target or two occasionally - that has to be the gun's fault, right? Never thought I'd spend that much money on something that didn't have gorgeous wood but I trust it completely. Have loaned it to others and they shot well with it too.

If the only way to shoot 3 gun is with something other than a Remington or you have to have a $1500-2000 gun then I'll just save the money for more pistol ammo. Or maybe a Glock can't be used for an Open gun either.

Thanks for helping me make up my mind about wanting to shoot 3-gun next year.

I think the 1100/11-87 is a viable platform IF you learn how it works. They are kind of like my old CJ5. You have to have the right touch to make it run. What makes one run perfect may or may not work on the next one.

I would go with a Benelli if I wanted a plug and play.

an instructor at the Remington armorer's school mentioned that he was having issues with low brass light loads and by doubling up on the o-rings it ran without problems.

I've been to that class a time or two! :rolleyes:

http://www.laroccagunworks.com/shotgun.shtml

I've heard good things about Larocca gun works. No personal experience