Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W replacement barrels...

inkedshooter

Before I post a WTB add, what's your guys source/s you're using to find replacement barrels for your S&W revos? I've looked on the gb auction site, and did a google search with not alot of results. Picked up a JM 625 from a fellow Enos Forum member and want to swap the 4" barrel to a 6.5" 25-2 barrel, like a few revo shooters have done.

Thanks

Brian

I don't mean to sound discouraging but you will probably have more luck finding a model 25 than a barrel alone. I would call Clark Custom Guns or Cylinder & Slide and ask them about getting a barrel. They could very likley hook you up or give you good ideas as th where to look. Don't forget S&W Forum and S&W Forums.

Good Luck and keep us posted!!

Edited by Lubecktech

I would put a WTB ad in the classifieds here, and hit some gunshows. Some of the older gunshops sometimes have then laying around, and they pop up here from time to time as well.

Be patient, and be prepared to jump on one when you find it!

Good luck,

DougC

• 3 months later...

A few months later..... never found a 6.5" barrel from a 25-2 but did find a 6" barrel John Bagakis had layin around (BTW if it wasn't for guys like John I would'nt have gotten into the sport of competitive shooting). John refered me to Tom Hubbard, which I met a couple years ago when I shot my first match, and is also another great revolver shooter. Tom owns "Hubbard's Gunsmith Service". John was kind enough to drop my revolver off to Tom to have him do the barrel change and also chamfer the cylinder for me. My JM 625 turned out great and I can't wait to finish it up (trigger work, hammer work, and develop a load), and get back out to the range!!!

Here's a few pics of how it turned out so far, before I do some trigger and hammer work....

DSC00898.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

Edited by inkedshooter

That is fine looking "Modified" Smith 625 that looks suprisingly similar to "bucket" Johns. Now you and he and some other of you "left coast" revolver shooters pinch your pennies and show up at the Memphis Charity Challenge in November. You won't regret it.

Hopalong

Edited by hopalong

Would'nt be surprised if the Greek was able to make it. I'll see if the travel funds allow it cause it sounds like a blast!! And yes it does look alot like John's but his has a Hogue bigbutt grip and a 6.5" barrel from 25-2 :rolleyes: . Have to wait till tax return shows before ordering my grip ha ha!!

Edited by inkedshooter

• 1 year later...