Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Benelli M2 w/o ComforTech Stock?

LtdShooter

Going by Benelli's web site, only the wood stocked version and pistol grip stocks doesn't have the Comfort Tech stock, if it's an M2 Field you're looking at.

It is a M2 Field. I believe it shold have the ComforTech

Edited by LtdShooter

They've been advertised as the "M2 American" around here. Seems like a new option for a less expensive M2.

That is what I found out last night as well. Just wonder if there are any other differences between that an a regular M2. $250 or so less seems to be a big drop for just a stock.

I bought a new M2 tactical this spring without the pistol grip stock (not comfortech). I really wish I had waited until I found one with the comfortech. The cost of the comfortech (from Brownells if they ever get them in stock) was something like $500 when I last checked.... half the cost of the entire gun.

They've been advertised as the "M2 American" around here. Seems like a new option for a less expensive M2.

That is what I found out last night as well. Just wonder if there are any other differences between that an a regular M2. $250 or so less seems to be a big drop for just a stock.

While there were other changes, the one that made the difference was the stock and for my money, if I had to choose between the M-1 vs a M-2 without a comfort tech stock, I would just buy a M-1 and save even more. The other significant change was the threads on the choke tubes and the result is that you are going to pay more for the newer M-2 tubes by the aftermarkert folks.

The true differences in the M1 vs the M2 sans the stock. M2 has a different trigger group housing now made of plastic....M1 was metal. M2 has overbored barrel and lengthened forcing cone with better Crio choke tubes. Threads are in different locationa and the tubes are longer. M1 does not have the forcing cones lengthened as much and barrel is not overbored and uses the older Mobil choke version of chokes. I am of the belief based on what I have felt that the M2 barrel is where the majority of the recoil reduction is. The M2 barrel also patterns more consistently using a wider variety of shot loads than the M1 barrel using factory chokes. Briley and Carlson tubes make a big pattern improvement in the M1 barrel. I couldn't see as much of a difference using Carlson tubes over the factory Crio chokes in the M2. Oh yeah....the receiver has m2 engraved into it. And as for Benelli barrels.....I believe they are all chrome lined because I personally have never seen one that was not.

I bought a new M2 tactical this spring without the pistol grip stock (not comfortech). I really wish I had waited until I found one with the comfortech. The cost of the comfortech (from Brownells if they ever get them in stock) was something like $500 when I last checked.... half the cost of the entire gun.

I just bought a new, shorter recoil pad for my comfortech stock and it was $90. Makes a big difference for me, but that's a lot of money.