Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rhino Shot Me Today

twix

Yeah!

Kevin was giving us a little demo on airsoft guns after the WPPS IPSC match today, and as he was wrapping up I was walking away from the clubhouse to finish unloading the props and I hear Rhino ask me from about 10 feet behind me, "Hey Tom, can I shoot you?"

I've got on a lined denim Carhartt jacket and I don't stop walking as I say, Ya, go ahead, in the back."

Wwwhhhaaapp!

It stung like heck, hit me in the right shoulder between the spine and blade. I kept walking and Rhino says. "Did that hurt?"

"Ya." I reply.

He says, "Really?"

"Ya, stung pretty good. It hurt." I'm still walking away.

Rhino asks somewhat sheepishly," Do you want to shoot me back?"

"Nah."

I'm sure he would have let me, too, I'm just not sure I could have stood his facial contortions.

Ya gotta love a guy like that.

It was really fun! The guns are a lot nicer and more realistic than I expected.

I plugged threequartertime three or four times too!

Then Kevin/Limitless shot me so I'd know what it felt like. He was right . . . lot like a bee sting, but not as long lasting. :D

We need to get some of those guns, proper eye and face/throat protection, and then do some force-on-force training exercises. They won't mark like paintball guns or simunitions, but you'll definitely know when you're hit!

I wanted to shoot everyone for some reason, but I was polite and asked first. No one was shot without prior permission! ;)

I'm also thinking they could really add a new dimension to dry fire practice at home, but I suppose it technically would not be dry fire.

Rhino

A few months back, me and a few buddies did some force on force training with those. It was a riot...and very illuminating. After all of that we faced off kind of ole' west style. 10 yards apart, draw and plug each other. :P

The bad part was when the guy I was shooting against took cover and smoked me about 10 times in the chest when I was only wearing a T-shirt frantically searching for cover...That did not feel good.

Watch out for knuckle hits as well. B)

Oh, I don't know....If it doesn't draw blood then that's dry fire in my book! :)

Well, you know how IPSC shooters are about modifying their guns . . . sooner or later, someone will increase the gas pressure or something! Or use one of the rifle replicas that has a lot higher muzzle velocity . . . that's gonna leave a mark!

A few months back, me and a few buddies did some force on force training with those. It was a riot...and very illuminating. After all of that we faced off kind of ole' west style. 10 yards apart, draw and plug each other. :P

The bad part was when the guy I was shooting against took cover and smoked me about 10 times in the chest when I was only wearing a T-shirt frantically searching for cover...That did not feel good.

Watch out for knuckle hits as well. B)

I'll wear gloves for sure!

Yea, yesterday was a blast. I didn't shoot the match, although I'm kicking myself because of it. I did learn a lot very quickly. I'll be back next month to show ya'll what I've got. Anyway, yes airsoft is a blast. It's also great toasting others and knowing that you're about to get wasted from somewhere. I had a competing team in airsoft that happily only had one loss out of 30 matches. :D To answer Rhino's remark. Oh yes. Airsoft guns are very easily modified to higher fps'. Most pistols oob start at about 250 fps. You can easily reach the 450 mark though. Once you get into the larger weapons, i.e. M16/M4, you can attain 600fps or more in the states. Like I told them all yesterday, you can get anything from a Derringer to a vulcan cannon. And yes, you can get that other guys open gun you've been dreaming about to. :D If ya'll have any questions, you can email me anytime, happy to help. Thanks for a great day twix, rhino, and all else who were at IN.

KS

Hey Limitless glad you got to come. We usually try and make it worth the drive!!!

Thanks for helping with set-up/teardown.

I plugged threequartertime three or four times too!

Yea it seems I was 'in season' for the airsoft practice too!!! Rhino did ask if he could shoot me first. Then after pelting me with plastic missles he offered to let me return fire. Strange thou the pistol he handed me was out of gas,,,

<_<<_<<_<

Yea, yesterday was a blast. I didn't shoot the match, although I'm kicking myself because of it. I did learn a lot very quickly. I'll be back next month to show ya'll what I've got. . . . Thanks for a great day twix, rhino, and all else who were at IN.

Dude, we should be thanking you! Anyone who shows up and helps with teardown even when they didn't shoot the match is like a gift from above. We're looking forward to having you as a regular!

Also . . .

On the first Sunday (except for Jan, Feb), we'll be at South Central near Seymour, IN. On the second Sunday, we'll be at Atlanta Cons. Club, which is about half an hour directly north of Indy.

I may end up regretting this airsoft thing . . . I'm the kind of guy that people just WANT to shoot. And shoot. And shoot. And shoot . . .

Yea it seems I was 'in season' for the airsoft practice too!!! Rhino did ask if he could shoot me first. Then after pelting me with plastic missles he offered to let me return fire. Strange thou the pistol he handed me was out of gas,,,

Oopsey-doodle! :rolleyes:

I am really sorry I missed the match. I would have gladly taken my lumps to get a shot at Joey. I think an air soft pistol would be a great help to while away the upcoming snow days. Does anyone have a preferece as to manufacturer etc. And an idea where they can be purchased. Mike.....