Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Official "US Production Challenge" match announcement

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to see if I can come up with some more interesting stages to offer for the match. Can't wait to see what the selected stages look like when you get them picked. Heck, if I am lucky this weekend I hope to win a gun that I could use to shoot in the match. lol

Joe W.

Is this a USPSA sanctioned event?

I applied for the match to be "Recognized." So all the USPSA rules apply except each stage is 32 rounds, instead of a mix of high and low round count stages.

Just an FYI...

There is no mix of high and low round counts in USPSA (Short, Medium & Long Courses). That would be IPSC (even in IPSC, it is only a recommendation).

• 2 weeks later...

Question,

I just received my USPSA membership last week. I have been shooting IDPA for over an year now and I have shot five IDPA state matches since. I shoot a G19 in SSP(sharpshooter) What would a guy like me need to do to be able to shoot in this match. I shot the IDPA State match in Tulsa earlier this year. Their facilities are awesome. I'd like to shoot there again.

Question,

I just received my USPSA membership last week. I have been shooting IDPA for over an year now and I have shot five IDPA state matches since. I shoot a G19 in SSP(sharpshooter) What would a guy like me need to do to be able to shoot in this match. I shot the IDPA State match in Tulsa earlier this year. Their facilities are awesome. I'd like to shoot there again.

Download the entry form, fill it out and send it in.

Then show up in October 2010.

:cheers:

There are no additional requirements in USPSA like there are in IDPA.

Have fun!

Question,

Have fun!

Yep. Except I would try to get classified in USPSA. Otherwise you're pretty much shooting for HOA.

Question,

Have fun!

Yep. Except I would try to get classified in USPSA. Otherwise you're pretty much shooting for HOA.

Jordan,

He may be doing just that--rumor has it that he has an orange single stack pistol....... :ph34r:

Question,

Well you can do two things

1) Shoot 4 classifiers before Sept (that way they are in before the match) and compete as a classified shooter.

2) Shoot as a Unclassified shooter.

Either way I would be honored to have you at my match.

• 2 weeks later...

I just added a event finder to the web page. So that way everyone can find a local or major match by looking at a map.

I have some of the midstates done, for local matches.

I plan to all the listed local clubs on by the end of Jan.

I should have all the major matches listed on it by Sat at around 6 pm.

I hope this makes it a little easier to find a place to shoot.

If you have any information on clubs not listed please pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what A day. I'm sure that most everyone has heard that Nationals is on OCT 9-17 2010 and as you know that is when the Production challenge was to take place. I just got off of the phone with Mr. Voigt. He has confirmed with me that the Back to Back Nationals is Oct 9-17 2010.

I know that there are many people who were wanting to come to the "Challenge" and I have a lot of entry's already here. I will be calling everyone personally to talk about the changes to the match. Refunds will be given, just tell me.

I would like everyone to know that I will be moving the match to a new time. I have two choices Sept 17-19 or Sept 24-26. I would be honored if the Enos world would help me choose.

I apologize for not taking the time to wait until after Nationals was announced to announce the "Challenge."

My promise to the shooters, sponsors, stage designers and staff is "I will do Everything to give you the best Event I can."

Humbly

Stephen R Hogg Jr.

US Production Challenge

Admin: Respectfully Request to start a new match announcement for the US Production Challenge.

The later the less chance of rain, but the down fall is that it is closer to Nationals.

More practice for nationals... I went to the IL sectional last year for that very reason. More pracitce in a larger match... This may bump your numbers instead of hurting them Stephen. As long as it doesn't rain.

I voted for the earlier date. It sucks that USPSA refuses to schedule until all other matches have made their decisions. Seems to me they try to hurt the smaller matches by making them move. I am planning to make this match anyway. I was not very impressed by the nationals I have been to.

Mike

I don't think that USPSA tried to hurt me I talked with Mike Voigt today and he said there was a conflict with the Australian Bianchi Cup. He tried his best to set a good match date. I understand how hard it must be for him and the other members to set and put on Nationals every year. I should have waited I assumed that Nationals would be in Sept and I made a "......" well you know, this is my fault.

I can tell you I now have a renewed commitment to put on a great match if one person shows up or 500 people show up. I'm talking with USSA and I'm going to have side matches and great food and the awards.

I just want to thank everyone that called me today for there support

I will go with the dates that you choose. I will close the poll on Feb 1st and I will extend the stage design challenge until March 1st. (Now I really want to see some off the wall creative stages)

I vote for the 17-19. The Adams Arms Ozark 3 Gun match is the following weekend.

NRA National Police Shooting Championships are the 19-23, followed by the NRA TPC 3 gun the 24/25.

All in Albuquerque NM.

So I think the 17-19 would be the least conflicting with those wanting to shoot some of the other events also.

It also works best for me as I will be at the Adams Arms match for sure.

Craig

I don't think that USPSA tried to hurt me I talked with Mike Voigt today and he said there was a conflict with the Australian Bianchi Cup. He tried his best to set a good match date. I understand how hard it must be for him and the other members to set and put on Nationals every year. I should have waited I assumed that Nationals would be in Sept and I made a "......" well you know, this is my fault.

I can tell you I now have a renewed commitment to put on a great match if one person shows up or 500 people show up. I'm talking with USSA and I'm going to have side matches and great food and the awards.

I just want to thank everyone that called me today for there support

I will go with the dates that you choose. I will close the poll on Feb 1st and I will extend the stage design challenge until March 1st. (Now I really want to see some off the wall creative stages)

That's about the most gentlemanly way to handle it Steve. Nicely done.