Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak Hand Reload - finer points of the technique?

1bigshooter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK guys we all need to start buging Chet Polo of Cometition DVD to bring out the training video on weakhand loading. (He is in the venders section on the forums.), We shot this last June and I was hoping it would have been out by now, ALL the stuff you are talking about is covered...extra slo-mo, detailed video of how and where to hold the hand and shells, and A LOT MORE. BUT it isn't out yet...it is in the can so to speak. Now I know Chet is a busy guy and I hope all is well with him and his family, but a few extra E-mails wouldn't hurt. KurtM

Hi y'all.

Well, first, I need to apologize to Trapr, as his video project (the DVD coverage of the 2009 High Plains Shotgun Challenge) is waaaaaaay behind schedule. My next project after that is Kurt's Shotgun Reloading DVD.

The problem with the delay has been strictly one of my business model.

The two shotgun projects (along with every match DVD that we have ever filmed and/or distributed) were produced with no promise of return and were expensed 100% out of my own pocket.

So, then, if a customer hires CompetitionDVD.com to produce a video project and pays in advance, then that project moves to the front of the production schedule. That has been the case currently causing the delay in Trapr & Kurt's projects.

To date no "CompetitionDVD.com" DVD release has made a dime of profit. Not a single one. Not even close.

However, we've profited a small amount when a big name custom shop or international gun manufacturer or cable TV network has hired us and paid for footage or a completed DVD project. However, these are never "branded" as a CompetitionDVD.com release. You've all seen them, they're just "produced" under the name of their parent company.

I apologize again to Trapr and Kurt and all of you that are anxiously awaiting a future release, but I have a wife and a preschooler to feed and clothe . The paying projects get done first. The others will happen. Soon. Please be patient and understanding.

Most Sincerely,

-Chet

• 4 weeks later...
My son's girlfriend Steph Turnquist is very small statured with hands much smaller than mine, she loads four shells weakhand as fast as anyone that I have seen, male or female. There is a brief video of her on youtube but it happens so fast you really can't tell how she holds the shells and I have never asked her.

Is this it?

That malf happend while filming the video and we decided to just include a bit about working through malfs. The difference between the star with the malf and the star without a malf was at most a half second. maybe less. The key is to know your immediate action drills and jump into them without thinking about it. Rob demonstrated that perfectly.

Edited by cold