Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postal Match #1

Flyin40

Here is the first postal match. If you have any questions post them up. This match will probably run until the end of October. Ipsc targets are going to be used because of the upcoming US Ipsc Nationals. I plan on posting a couple stages and you'll have a month to shoot them. I'll see how it goes and how much interest there is. I'll be shooting Airsoft all winter regardless.

I note on walls on this match. If you turn a Uspsa target sideways and cut the head off it should do well for the right size for a wall. I just wanted them big enough for a little bit of movement.

Have fun

Flyin

4th_stage.DOC

Post your time, total score, and hit factor.

Your hit factor is your total target score (minus any misses and penalties) divided by your time.

Hit factors must be reported to two decimal places. Shots in the "A" zone count 5 points each, "C" = 3 points each, and "D" = one point.

The maximum target score for this match is 85 (12 "A" zone hits at five points each plus four poppers at five points each, plus five points for the stop plate).

If you don't have "real" poppers, I'm all for allowing paper-poppers, with any full hit on the paper counting as "steel down". :cheers:

Also, post anything you felt was useful for you, and why. Things such as order-of-engagement, etc.

Post your time, total score, and hit factor.

Your hit factor is your total target score (minus any misses and penalties) divided by your time.

Hit factors must be reported to two decimal places. Shots in the "A" zone count 5 points each, "C" = 3 points each, and "D" = one point.

The maximum target score for this match is 85 (12 "A" zone hits at five points each plus four poppers at five points each, plus five points for the stop plate).

If you don't have "real" poppers, I'm all for allowing paper-poppers, with any full hit on the paper counting as "steel down". :cheers:

Also, post anything you felt was useful for you, and why. Things such as order-of-engagement, etc.

Thks for adding that. I was thinking about how to score. Whether to use the Uspsa major scoring or minor. I think I'm with you and that if you shoot C's and D's you get nailed for them in the points. This should promote accuracy.

Also wanted to add that when I practice I use pasters. Just take a paster and tear it and cover the pellet hole. The pellet has enough energy to still go through several layers of pasters with no problems. With small targets even with pasters it doesn't take long before they need to be replaced to see the scoring areas.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

Glad to see you pickin up Flyin40.

The match looks more fun than most on AAPS.

I won't be able to set up for a while..but I def will.

Hey, we should get more of the members from AAPS to sign up!

Flyin, forgive me for asking, but are you using AAPS targets or IPSC targets? Also, any idea on how to build a makeshift wall? I was thinking of standing up a long folding table, but I only have one.

Flyin, forgive me for asking, but are you using AAPS targets or IPSC targets? Also, any idea on how to build a makeshift wall? I was thinking of standing up a long folding table, but I only have one.

I use the same fittings I use for the backstop and it has really been good for me. It is flexible, light and mobile. It is a port, wall or barrier, it stands alone or connects to another to make large wall. It also provides a space between the walls. Just as often as ports, I find myself shooting between the gaps inbetween range walls at matches, so this is practical to train with. The board was really thin particle board from Home Depot.

post-14235-1253884545_thumb.jpg

post-14235-1253884614_thumb.jpg

I also have this on on wheels which acts as a backstop to make my courses larger or a barrier or shoot under it.

post-14235-1253884659_thumb.jpg

Edited by sfpmb

May I suggest a more freestyle format so that they don't get to be so much of a "standards" tape of courses of fire? And what type of stop plate are you guys using? I am using the Colt Popper stop plate that Burt and Phil make at BAM Airsoft.

For now we'll be using Aaps targets. As far as the wall is concerned you can make it how ever you want. It just needs 2ft wide and eye at least eye level so you can't see the targets downrange. I'm just made target stands out of PVC and use 1x2 target sticks. The sticks fit right down into the T pvc fitting tight. I'll just staple a Uspsa target side ways with the head cut off. I'm not worried about the wall being covered all the way down as long as you shoot the targets through the middle port and not between the sticks.

I'm trying to make it as easy as I can can people won't have to go buy stuff just to shoot the postal match.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40

May I suggest a more freestyle format so that they don't get to be so much of a "standards" tape of courses of fire? And what type of stop plate are you guys using? I am using the Colt Popper stop plate that Burt and Phil make at BAM Airsoft.

Freestyle isn't really going to be possible unless alot of props are going to be used and I'm avoiding alot of props. I'm going to make it easy so someone without props can just grab a couple things and throw up some cardboard and be able to shoot.

Maybe down the road if enough people show interest we can have freestyle but then you run into how much room people have. I'll design stages so someone who has a small area, like a 15x12 can still shoot. There won't be any field course because that will eliminate people with those small areas.

Feel free to design a stage and put up for the people who have more area to shoot in.

Also I use the Ced stop plate and love it.

Flyin

I received my timer and stop plate from Mad Bull today. I also bought a set of their poppers. The stop plate works well, but I am really beating the crap out of that aluminum plate. It looks like total junk after one session. Am I missing something? Does everyone's gun put really big dings into the aluminum plate? I'm going to have to take it apart and take a hammer to the aluminum plate every couple of days to pound it flat again.

DSC01605.JPG

DSC01606.JPG

Edited by 01G8R

I was as disatisfied with that one as you are. Steel is really the way to go for longevity. I as well as CED make a stop plate. That one will work for a while but you will have to pound it flat after every 100 shots or so or it looks like a cup.

Edited by sfpmb

.... from Mad Bull ....I am really beating the crap out of that aluminum plate. It looks like total junk after one session....

Ditch it and get new ones from BAM Airsoft. Solid. I had built some of my own, then I bought some BAM products.

I won't waste my time trying to make my own again. BAM's prices are very reasonable for the quality of the product, and they support the sport! (No, I'm not paid by them! :cheers: )

Has anyone set this match up yet?

I was just looking at it and realized I don't have enough stuff to set up.

Flyin40, if you are going to continue with these matches, you may want to consider making them a little easier for others to set up.

Maybe consider using classifiers as simple matches/practice.

I have to agree with everyone. BAM Airsoft target systems are the BEST!

I use a CED Stop Plate. It has LED's that come on when shot and can be hooked up to a CED8000.

The MadBull timer and plate is not so great, but decent on the cheap. I have one with spare plates if any one wants it. PM me.

I just got home from the Ohio Sectional and Us National Ipsc Championships.........great time. Anyways those 45 degree targets are 45degrees turned toward the middle port. They are not the 45degree elbows.

The idea is you can be on either side of the walls and as you come into the middle port you can shoot a target as your coming into the port. It kind of makes it a fluid stage. So if your on the right side and moving left and you turn and go toward he middle port you shoot the target that is by the left wall, then the poppers and as your leaving and moving to the left wall you can shoot the paper by the right wall before moving to the target on the outside of the left wall. I just wanted the target straight up and down and low but turned toward you so you can see it.

I'll post more on it in the next couple of days. I put up the stage up to get some people to look at it and give them time to get some stuff. I probably didn't explain everything very well and I'll have to post pics of the stages when I post them for everyone to see. I was just busy hosting the matches at my home club.

4th,

What are you missing?? If you don't have something remember you can just print it off.

Just seen the pic of the 45 degree targets. Pretty much just put them right behind the wall and turned slighty toward port.

Flyin

Edited by Flyin40