Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Helllo from So. Cal. New to forum!

flack jacket

Hello all!

I heard this is THE forum in terms of action shooting.

A couple friends and I recently started shooting this past May and are thoroughly hooked!

Although not really new to USPSA / IPSC shooting. After a 17 year hiatus I'm currently pursuing classification in Production Division and using a 92FS. Next comes Limited and then Open.

I want to ask the veterans here if that is a good plan or just go directly to Open?

thanks in Advance!

back in the day, there wasnt the divisions we have now, you just kept adding stuff to your gun to make it more 'competitive' and it was an 'arms race' of sorts, if that guy over there had a single port comp on his gun(red dots and hi-caps were still a few yrs off) then dammit, you needed a dual port comp to beat him, and so on....I actually at one point was shooting a hicap in 38 super without a dot, because they were still relativily new and very prone to breakage under the pounding us action shooters put em thru, so the short answer for me, is that i was always shooting 'open' and recently in the last few yrs have done the other classes such as limited and production, tho open is still my first love....

Sent you a pm. Call me if you're local to me and come out and shoot next weekend.

Welcome to the forums,

Jimmy

I'm just wondering, I've seen lots of posts from folks in CA and it seems they all have/own/use hi-cap (more than 10 rounds) firearms, including 30 rounds AR mags. I'm from CA and was always told at the gun stores that unless I owned an AR from before '92 I think it was that now you can't. What's the deal with that? I remember the State passing it's own version of the Assault weapons ban too before we moved out here to gun heaven (FL)

Hello all!

I heard this is THE forum in terms of action shooting.

A couple friends and I recently started shooting this past May and are thoroughly hooked!

Although not really new to USPSA / IPSC shooting. After a 17 year hiatus I'm currently pursuing classification in Production Division and using a 92FS. Next comes Limited and then Open.

I want to ask the veterans here if that is a good plan or just go directly to Open?

thanks in Advance!

Welcome to the Forum! Great plan. What skills you acquire in Production will pave the way to any goal you set. Your Berreta is a fantasic gun for Production and Limited. Good luck.

LarryP

I can't give advice on Open, but I can invite you to come out and shoot at Norco if you are in the Socal/LA area.

We shoot every Saturday morning at around 8:30 and have a blast. A lot of nice people and a lot of awesome shooters at Norco.

You can find more info here: http://nrg.jvdynamics.com/nrg/

Hope to see you there!

Chris R.

Chris,

Just shot with you today in the squad!! Good to finally meet you. I re-started shooting there this past July 4th.

See you next week

Edrick

Edited by flack jacket

I can't give advice on Open, but I can invite you to come out and shoot at Norco if you are in the Socal/LA area.

We shoot every Saturday morning at around 8:30 and have a blast. A lot of nice people and a lot of awesome shooters at Norco.

You can find more info here: http://nrg.jvdynamics.com/nrg/

Hope to see you there!

Chris R.

Chris,

Just shot with you today in the squad!! Good to finally meet you. I re-started shooting there this past July 4th.

See you next week

Edrick

Cool! I had no idea that was you. Great meeting you as well. I only get out every other match, so I will see you in 2. :cheers: