Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Precision Bullet (black bullets) experience? Any good?

seeds76

I just got my first shipment of 3000 147's from them. I loaded some last night and will shoot them over the chrono tonight after work. I'll post my findings this weekend. The 147's are similar in design to MG 147's which never had any feeding problems for my M&P. Check back this weekend. And yes FP is flat point.

I have been using lead 147's for couple years now. I was using Bear creek then switched to Black Bullets. If i had a feed prob it was usuayll due to not enough crimp..not the bullet itself. After about 15000 rounds i'd say they are a darn good bullet!

Load em up with 3.5 gr SOLO 1000 and you got a nice accurate load that doesnt smoke bad.

Lots of folks using them in Production, both 147 and 125. The 147's feel softer than the 125's. Just a matter of which you prefer but would recommend you try a few of each to see what fits you and your gun best. Have been using Precision bullets in all my guns except Open for several years with nary a problem. Buy with confidene.

Edited by born-in-45

They are great for any application other than Open guns. They do smoke some but not near as much as lead. I have shot 98% Precisions for the last 10 years with nothing negative to say about them. :cheers:

YEP.....good stuff and works great with Solo 1000 powder.

I use the 125's in 9mm and the 185's in 40

I've run through a couple thousand BBI 130 grain moly bullets with no problems [except one batch I loaded to long for the throat in my CZ SP-01]. Other than that, they are a very good alternative to lead. Cost a couple bucks more per 1000 but way less messy and not as much smoke. Using 4.4-4.5 grains WSF at 1.125 OAL for about 133 PF. My standard M&P runs them at any length up to max without a hitch.

Worked out just as I had hoped. First I wanted to note that they so far have all weighed out just over 148 (148.2 or 3) not 147. So using 148 to figure pf I got 135 out of 3.9 Solo1000 @1.12 with a 5" M&P. I actually had 3 strings just over 135 and 2 strings at 134.9+. The group was certainly small enough for steel @ 25 yds. SD was a little high, coming in at around 14 - 18. But all of my lowest velocities made 130 pf on their own. I am debating whether to add .1 or leave them alone.

Noticably softer than TG with MG of the same pf. Smoked a little even with the Solo but nothing too bad. I am going to load a handful with TG just to be able to say I been there and done that as far a smoking goes.

As far as loading on the 550 goes I thought I might have to open my bell up since some have said they cut the moly without doing so. They went in smooth as silk for me with no adjustments needed other than oal.

Bottom line, they seem to be great bullets and you can get them for $100 less than MG. I like them so far.

I've run through more than 2 cases of 147's in G-34 and G-17's. These have Storm Lake barrels. I've never had feed issues at all. In the G-34, I'm using mixed brass, 147 Precisions, 3.3gr Solo 1000, 1.125 COL, 0.378 crimp, and WSP's. This load gives a PF of 132 with SD of ~10. In my G-17, I use the same mixed range brass, 147's with 3.3 of N-320, 1.125 COL, 0.378 crimp, and WSP's. I get a PF of 133 with SD of 9. Start low and work up.

I have used these bullets in a G34 with a KKM barrel. I get a bit of leading using Solo 1000 but it is the least smoke of any powder I have tried. The bullets are a good value if you don't mind doing some in depth cleaning of the barrel after each competition. Accuracy and recoil using Solo are better than average. Never had any feeding issues.

• 1 month later...
Noticably softer than TG with MG of the same pf. Smoked a little even with the Solo but nothing too bad. I am going to load a handful with TG just to be able to say I been there and done that as far a smoking goes.

Been there, Done that. Don't waste the TG, it's smokes like a coal train.

Yeah I have actually given up on that idea anyway. I have loaded more with solo1000 and so far they are performing just fine. They actually smoke a little more than I was expecting but I can live with it.

Load em up with 3.5 gr SOLO 1000 and you got a nice accurate load that doesnt smoke bad.

What OAL are you using for this?

Thanks!

Hi Rowdy. The square shoulder on the precision will touch the rifling in my M&P if I try to load it as long as a roundnose. What I ended up doing was using my barrel as a gauge. Load one up without powder kind of long and keep shortening it until it is just short of the rifling. As I learned here you want the round to spin freely in the chamber. Then adjust your powder as needed for the shorter length. As an example only, I was loading roundnose out to 1.13-1.14 with 3.8-3.9 solo1000. The precision had to be shortened to 1.11 or less to fit cleanly. For that I am now at 3.6 solo1000 for a PF of 135.

Also weigh your bullets my precision "147's" all way exactly 148.2. I use 148 to figure PF.

I hope this helps.

• 7 years later...