Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Weak Hand Modification

kschwan

I run a Benelli M2, I have always practiced Weakhand reloads but never seem to get them as smooth as I want to. Meaning that right before the shell goes into the tube it get "hung up" or becomes more difficult. So I have stuck with loading from a side saddle during matches... But

I just recently bought a Benelli supernova and while trying to load weakhand I notice how much easier it really is. I think the difference is when the shell goes over the piece of metal that holds it in the tube.... So is there a modification you do to make the shell going over the holder easier?

one of the differences you may not have noticed is that the shell lifter on the M2 has to be overcome with every shell, but on the supernova it stays out of the way after the first one. The difference you have noticed is that the shell holder is under quite a bit of spring tension in the M2, and very easy on the SNova, the spring on the M2 can be weakened simply by removing it and crushing it in pliers, collapse it in the normal direction but crush it just once with pliers. this should help, recontouring the lever itself would be the next step but one that requires more know how.

Trapr

Here is a mod I did to our 20 gauge benelli this last weekend. Yes, I cut the left up about 3/16" of an inch and expose the lifter alot!!

post-2749-1252975832_thumb.jpg

For anyone that says they can't load a 20ga because the loading port is too small.....this will take care of it. you really only need to use the tip of your thumb to put a shell in. Works very slick!!.....so slick in fact, that I the one who doesn't practice will be loading weak hand from now on and it's REALLY easy now!!!

We should either have this one...or the FNH SLP that I modified this weekend with us at Area 6....if any one wants to see how this works. When I get the lifter done for the SLP, I'll post that mod as well......really learning lots about that one too!!!

Tim

PS......kschwan....your hang up may be on the tube itself, as there is a huge gap between the lifter (when depressed) and the end of the tube.....if you try, you can get it so a shell WILL hang up in that area. There are about 3 ways to fix that. I'll be showing one way when I post the SLP mod. as they have the same problem.

Edited by TRUBL

New way in middle of Europe is load 2 shells at a time with weak hand and turn the gun upside down. ;)

Guys from Germany were very fast at European Champs this year.

They are using special loading vests.

Edited by Sako92S

• 2 weeks later...
New way in middle of Europe is load 2 shells at a time with weak hand and turn the gun upside down. ;)

Trubl,

did you ever finish your mods, and post them?

If you did, post a link.

In Christ: Raymond

• 2 weeks later...

Trubl,

did you ever finish your mods, and post them?

If you did, post a link.

In Christ: Raymond

Yes....I posted a pic in the SLP mod's. Word of warning....Birchwood Case's Aluma Black. Although you can get it on and it turns the aluminum black; after a practice session....it wears off like a painted surface.

Tim

I would like to see some video of this. What I can not figure out is that if they are going to turn the gun over, what is the point in a weak hand reload?

• 4 weeks later...
A few of their fastest shooters were actually grabbing 4 at a time - it was fast, but so were a lot of other techniques.

They do look a bit like suicide bombers with their ammo vests on though :surprise:

Rofl, anyone have a picture of that?

I'm guessing their like this?

http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/otto.htm

Noup.

They look like this:

post-5429-1258132705_thumb.jpg

Lady in the middle is second bes european IPSC shotgun shooter. 17 year old lady :)

Here is a mod I did to our 20 gauge benelli this last weekend. Yes, I cut the left up about 3/16" of an inch and expose the lifter alot!!

post-2749-1252975832_thumb.jpg

For anyone that says they can't load a 20ga because the loading port is too small.....this will take care of it. you really only need to use the tip of your thumb to put a shell in. Works very slick!!.....so slick in fact, that I the one who doesn't practice will be loading weak hand from now on and it's REALLY easy now!!!

That looks very interesting. Not much gun left there at all. I could probably hold 5 or 6 20 gauge shells in my left hand and get them in the gun fairly quick.

A few of their fastest shooters were actually grabbing 4 at a time - it was fast, but so were a lot of other techniques.

They do look a bit like suicide bombers with their ammo vests on though :surprise:

Rofl, anyone have a picture of that?

I'm guessing their like this?

http://www.triangleshootingsports.com/otto.htm

Noup.

They look like this:

post-5429-1258132705_thumb.jpg

Lady in the middle is second bes european IPSC shotgun shooter. 17 year old lady :)

I use the same belt on this movie i made this weekend at Level III in the Netherlands (every time i put in 2 shells at once) ,that same lady came in 5th place there kicking my butt ,since i finished 6th :wacko:

Yeah Patrick, kicked ass by a lady :surprise: LOL

One thing we learned (again) at the ESC2009 is that there is no absolute number one loading method.

The weakhandloading from the box, the weak/stronghand loading from e.g. the chestplate or grabbing just 2 - 4 from the single rig weakhand and loading you wil see the most but it wil just only work out if the method fits you.

The big fellow on the picture had the unpleasant experience to be DQ't at ESC2009 after the last shot on his last stage of the match because he pointed the barrel over the backstop (slugstage) while presenting it to the RO to check if it was clear. :(

He loads like hell from the single rig like his team mates from Serbia Igor and Goran (1st and 2nd in modified and shot-of winner)

For sure Branislav would have taken place 2 or 3 in modified if he wasnt so unfortunate.

When you take a look at the loading of the Finnish topshooters 1st and 3rd in standard you wil see a lot 1 by 1 loading from the wristband :wacko:

Greetings

Adrie

The belt in the video...Anyone in the U.S. make one?

DaG

The loading technique with this kinda belt doesnt seem to be popular in the U.S. so besides some skilled handworker

who wants to experiment i dont think you wil find the in U.S.

The belt in the video is made by a Czech handworker and at the ESC2009 they were sold.

Myself am using this belt or a chestplate, depending stage set-up.

At least one of the two i wil take with me to next years Panam.

Greetings

Adrie