Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual Western States Single Stack Championshi

Howdy all, I have been asked and have been pretty busy, with work, family and the Area 2 match as well as Rio Salado club stuff, but I wanted to post some info about the 2nd annual WSSSC match. I have sent Brian a copy of the entry form, but will give some details here today and more tonight.

The match will agian be at Rio Salado Sportsmans Club on Jan. 31st (SAT) and Feb. 1st (SUN). It will be limited to 100 shooters. Entry fee will be $65, and that will include lunch both days. If you shot the match last year, it will be similar to that. Some minor rule changes will take place and those are as follows:

Any single stack, 1911 style pistol, barrel lengh is limited to 5"

You CAN have a long dust cover/light rail/etc.

Bull barrels are allowed

Holster and mag pouches are like last year, similar to USPSA Production, and IDPA rules.

All major caliber rounds (.40/10mm/.45) will have a 8 round magazine limit. The magazine body must not extend past the bottom of the gun. Mag wells and base pads are allowed.

If you choose to shoot 9mm or 38 Super, you will be scored minor. YOu can shoot .40 and or 10mm with 9 round magazines, and load 9 in them, however you will be scored minor. If you have 9 round magazines for your .40 or 10mm, you can use them and shoot major, however you can only load them with 8 rounds in order to be scored major.

I will think of more info on my way home, and will try to post more in tonight.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Steve

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably going to wish I didn't ask this question...but regarding mag pouches.....what about the Hellweg pouches they made years ago...the CSP pouch? Would that be legal assuming they're worn behind the hip and all that stuff?

fa958c0f.jpg

Meaning, I don't have anything to do with the match or know anything about it whatsoever. Except that the organizer is an okay guy, even if he can't announce his own match...

2nd Annual Western states single stack Championship

Where: Rio salado sportsman’s club, Mesa, AZ

Who: all 1911 single stack Enthusiasts

When: Saturday, January 31st & Sunday, February 1st , 2004

How much: $65 per competitor

This is a trophy only match With recognition in the following categories:

**High overall** **High Law enforcement**

**High Military** **high senior** **high super senior**

**High Ladies** **High Junior**

Plaques will be awarded for the top 16 shooters overall

Name_______________________________________ Category_______________________

Address____________________________________________________________________

City, State, Zip______________________________________________________________

E-Mail Address______________________________________________________________

Phone Number________________________________ Day or Evening?________________

For Information Contact: Steve Horsman at Stevehorsman@hotmail.com

Mail Entries to: Rio Salado Practical c/o Steve Horsman, 3160 E. Hampton Ave., Mesa, AZ 85204

Make Checks Payable to: “Rio Salado Practical”

Match is limited to the first 100 shooters Payment is due by January 15th 2004

Steven, those mag pouches are fine, so long as they are worn vertical.

Brain, thanks for posting the application bro! You da man.

While out at our Tuesday night steel match, questions were asked, and I will answer as I get them.

In the catagory section, write in any that are listed that might apply. I talked to Brian on Sunday at the Area II, he did not tell me "NO" when I asked him to shoot this match. So if you all can give him some encouragement it might help.

Anyone interested in shooting the match, can print this thread and send in the application that Brian posted.

Steve

Steve, last year I shot a Colt 10mm with 9+1 capacity (std. length mags) and scored major IAW 1911 Society rules. Has 1911 Society changed the rules, or is the match NOT sanctioned by the Society as it was last year.

Thanks,

T

Yes, 1911 Society has changed the rules for 2004 onward. If you shoot major, you may only load 8+1. You may load 9 rounds in .40 and 10mm, but you may only do so if you declare minor power factor.

http://www.1911society.org/rules.htm

Rule Change for 2004

The Single Stack Classic has run under the same rules since it's conception with very little changes. But starting in 2004 there will be a rule change implemented. This change deals with magazine capacity for major power factor. Starting January 1, 2004 major power factor will be restricted to 8 rounds only in the magazine. So if your 1911's are chambered for 40 S&W or 10mm you may only load 8 rounds in the magazine if you declare major power factor. This rule has been considered for over a year by the BOD of the 1911 Society and this change was not taken lightly.

Here is how the new magazine rule will read:

* Maximum magazine capacity allowed:

8 Rounds - 45ACP, 40 S&W, 10mm (Major Scoring)

9 Rounds - 40 S&W, 10mm (Minor Scoring)

10 Rounds - 38 Super, 9mm, 9X23 (Minor Scoring Only)

* Standard Factory Length Magazines Only. No Extended Magazines Allowed. Magazine Base Pads may be fitted to Standard Length Magazines.

Great! That I can do!

Looks like the NorthWet contingent is planning a trip again this year...I wasn't able to make it last year due to "contractual obligations" (in english that means I was in my Senior year at college and couldn't take the time off....well I've graduated now!!! Free time at last!!!).

From what I've heard...last year was a hoot....I'm looking forward to shooting it with the group this year.

I'm not sure I understand this . . . why?

As long as they're behind the arbitrary point on the hip/side, why does it matter?

I've seen several mag pouch designs for concealed carry that slant the magazines so it's easier to grab them behind your back. Would you disallow them in your match?

The pouches in question were designed for dual competition/concealed carry, so they would not be inherently disallowed.

Steve, last year I shot a Colt 10mm with 9+1 capacity (std. length mags) and scored major IAW 1911 Society rules. Has 1911 Society changed the rules, or is the match NOT sanctioned by the Society as it was last year.

Oh, boy.....here goes TVD again!!

(PS Tom, don't forget to ask him about the pink tutu and golf cleats, too.)

Matt and others, regarding the mag pouch questions, those are fine, so long as they are worn behind the hip. A slight cant on the mag pouches will be fine, I am just trying to avoid race gear.

Regarding the chrono stage, I will let you know, asap.

Entry number one was received today. It will be fun match. I have most all the stages drawn up.

Horse

The guy that designed the stages last year, designed some the ones for this match. I will be looking for RO's , so if anyone would like to shoot for free let me know. I need to have at least 25 RO's.

The stages will be just a fun and challenging as last years. As far as TGO, I am not sure. If we start a campaign, maybe we can get Brian to come out. He did tell me that he does have a single stack. If not I am sure that we can get him one to shoot.

Horse.

The R.O.'s will shoot on Sat and Sun, it went pretty smooth last year and we had plenty of time for relief. If I get 25, we should be good.

While at our local Tuesday night steel match, it was pointed out to me that I did not indicate that this years match will be cash payback, along with plaques. Awards will be based on overall finish. Last year we used USPSA scoring, but I know alot of you don't shoot USPSA, so this year the plaques will be based on overall finish. Let me know if you have any other questions, I check the site everyday, and will do my best to answer them in a timely fasion.

Steve