Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who don't stop for stop signs.....

McGunner

I live down the block from a cross street that gets very busy early in the morning and in the afternoon. Where my street intersects theres a 3 way stop sign. Every morning I have to be extra careful when I go to work making the left. This morning I guess I wasn't paying attention, I stopped, looked both ways, and made the left. All of a sudden I hear tires screaching so I hit the brakes. I guess the guy coming down the road thought I saw him because he didnt stop at the sign. So now we're sitting there staring at each other, and I just shake my head. As he cuts in front of me he yells "F-ing Idiot" and gives me the finger. I wish I can find a differant way to go but there isn't. I just sit there sometimes and shake my head...................Thats my story......I dont like people who dont stop for stop signs.

I'm with ya. Lost count the number of time in my subdivision (with lots of small children around, there's a local grade school right around the corner) people either "pause" or don't even bother hitting the brakes. Worse even are the turds making a right on a red light as I'm coming through the intersection on a green, they look right at me as they roll around the corner in front of me....so tempted to buy a crappy truck just so that I can ram a few...lol

Funny I should see this today. I just had a near collision about an hour ago because of this.

I'm on a "2-lanes each way" blvd with no turn lane. I'm in the left, with my signal, approaching a turn off to a side-road on the left. There are two cars side-by-side approaching from the opposite direction, but far enough off that I can safely make the turn. As I do, some middle aged guy in a 20 year old 3-series BMW tries to make a left off the road I'm going onto, running the stop sign he had, crossing my path. I guess he wasn't looking to his right long enough to see my blinker, thinking I'd be passed by before he got onto the blvd, and was more concerned with beating the cars to his left so he could shave 5 seconds off his trip.

Well, here we are, nose to nose, sitting in the opposing lanes, taking up the whole other side. Both of us on our horns, with the two cars coming at us (remember them) hard on their brakes so they don't t-bone each of us. I shifted down into 1st and zoomed around him and onto the side-street, leaving him looking at me like I'm the jerk. The funny part is that I wasn't that far ahead of the rest of the traffic behind me, so now he is sitting there blocking southbound traffic, waiting for a gap in northbound for him to slip into because there is no turn lane for him to wait in.

All because he couldn't be bothered to even slow down for the 6 sided red sign that says in bold white letters "STOP".

Edited by RobMoore

Yesterday I had to slam on the brakes when an idiot ran through a stop sign to get ahead of me...he never got below 20mph!

Today, on my way to work, I watched two idiots go blowing through red lights that had been red for ten seconds or more....they never even saw them. I also watched yet another idiot roll through a stop sign to get in front of a pack of traffic and he might have slowed to 15mph. Heck, I thought about starting my own thread on this so you saved me one ;)