Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

Lots of steel of all sizes including all size rounds, 2/3 poppers, and full size poppers. But wait that"s not all. The stage layouts and target sizes will be published on May 10. Stay tuned!!! :surprise:

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. No I was wondering if the steel is 10 inch plates, 8 inch plates etc. Also are the larue 18 by 24 inch targets the ones used at 500 yards?

Also is a sling on the shotgun a good idea for this match?

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

I wouldn't worry about having small targets, hell its Texas, they're probably huge. They'd have to be good sized so as not to be obscured by one of the ants.

So what's the round count required for the ant targets? :D

Edited by FriedCheese

Stage design is complete and you will be challenged and have fun.

Rifle shots 400-500 yards and they are not a bonus.

You will not need a sling for yer shotgun, only yer rifle.

Target size will vary.

You will be required to run, jump, crawl, kneel, squat, get into and out of prone and all the other positions.

If you can not get into a position to engage the target, you will incur penalties. Do your best and have fun.

Stage design is complete and you will be challenged and have fun.

Rifle shots 400-500 yards and they are not a bonus.

You will not need a sling for yer shotgun, only yer rifle.

Target size will vary.

You will be required to run, jump, crawl, kneel, squat, get into and out of prone and all the other positions.

If you can not get into a position to engage the target, you will incur penalties. Do your best and have fun.

I can't wait! Sounds like a damn good time.

You will not need a sling for yer shotgun, only yer rifle

Figure a way to attach my VTAC sling to smooth-sided Clark tube: Check. (Actually, already know how to do this :) ).

If you can not get into a position to engage the target, you will incur penalties.

Getting INTO position, not a problem. The problem is getting OUT of prone with the clock running and various joints in disarray. :wacko:

Do your best and have fun

You betcha - otherwise would not be paying the money for the likely humiliation.

Lee

Hi all.

I called the hotel to make reservations and they wouldn't take the provided group code. I emailed Linda Chico about it several days ago but she has yet to respond.

Any hope for a discount or should I have made reservations long ago?

Thanks

Do not worry about availability. They have two overflow hotels lined up. The contact person there is on maternity leave, and has been replaced by Lauren Norman. Her # is 979 695-9500. Great gal. Give her a call for any needs or reservations.

We went out and shot at the range yesterday for their inaugural 3 gun match. The range is pretty amazing. Bob has done some amazing target building in his "spare time".. he has designed some pretty sweet poppers and flash targets. The ranges can get pretty extreme but shooting down into the valley from up on the hill was pretty cool, I have never shot a 400 yard target without a high power scope until yesterday and it was pretty cool seeing the flashers hit.

I would definitely recommend everyone that has one available bring some kind of transportation, such as golf cart or 4 wheeler, or else plan to drive from stage to stage as the stages are pretty far apart..

Really looking forward to it.. got lots of practicing to do in the next few weeks.

Hi all.

I called the hotel to make reservations and they wouldn't take the provided group code. I emailed Linda Chico about it several days ago but she has yet to respond.

Any hope for a discount or should I have made reservations long ago?

Thanks

Do not worry about availability. They have two overflow hotels lined up. The contact person there is on maternity leave, and has been replaced by Lauren Norman. Her # is 979 695-9500 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              979 695-9500      end_of_the_skype_highlighting. Great gal. Give her a call for any needs or reservations.

I really enjoyed the inaugural match yesterday...you have an awesome "backyard". Looking forward to May! Thanks to everyone else for all of the hard work that has gone into this match thus far.

We went out and shot at the range yesterday for their inaugural 3 gun match. The range is pretty amazing. Bob has done some amazing target building in his "spare time".. he has designed some pretty sweet poppers and flash targets. The ranges can get pretty extreme but shooting down into the valley from up on the hill was pretty cool, I have never shot a 400 yard target without a high power scope until yesterday and it was pretty cool seeing the flashers hit.

I would definitely recommend everyone that has one available bring some kind of transportation, such as golf cart or 4 wheeler, or else plan to drive from stage to stage as the stages are pretty far apart..

Really looking forward to it.. got lots of practicing to do in the next few weeks.

That was my first time shooting out to 400...combined with the wind and the elevation drop I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did...I'm sure Greg will throw some other little snag in there to make it more of a challenge.

Bob has done some amazing target building in his "spare time".. he has designed some pretty sweet poppers and flash targets.

You need to thank Fred. He is the one who has been busting ass nonstop for the past several weeks...

Yes

Thanks Fred! The targets rocked (some literally rocked!).

In my squad there was a LOT of bitching about the TX star...I cleaned it! Well one fell off before I got there...but I got the other four no problem! Using 7.5 shot at that! I have to admit though I was worried...a lot of guys hit the steel but it wasn't moving.

Round Count...

Rifle - 200

Pistol - 80

Shot - 60

Slug - 15

This is the minimum.

Adios

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but...

How many shot/slug rounds would be them most in any one stage? I want to make sure I have enough carrier capacity.

Thanks

OK, I see how it works.... Bob gets credit for all my targets when everthing is GREAT, but I get the bitchen when something goes bad. :surprise:

I check the star before, during and after the match, it was mechanically perfect. You will have to look hard to find a star as large as this one and it is tough, takes a lot of choke or big boy shells to knock them off with authority.

I notice that the angle iron protectors were really shot up meaning that most shooters hit where the plates attach. You need to hit the plate square or on the outer edge at the distance I had it setup. Plus, a low prone position just makes it harder...

I appreciate all you shooters showing up and all the shooters I visited with had a great time, I saw more that one wide grin coming off the Jungle Run.

I really appreciate all the attention you guys paid to my targets.

My intent was to get you a little taste of the facility and what you might see at the LaRue shoot.

FredQ

Rangemaster and target builder

Cawthon Cartridge Club

OK, I see how it works.... Bob gets credit for all my targets when everthing is GREAT, but I get the bitchen when something goes bad. :surprise:

I check the star before, during and after the match, it was mechanically perfect. You will have to look hard to find a star as large as this one and it is tough, takes a lot of choke or big boy shells to knock them off with authority.

I notice that the angle iron protectors were really shot up meaning that most shooters hit where the plates attach. You need to hit the plate square or on the outer edge at the distance I had it setup. Plus, a low prone position just makes it harder...

I appreciate all you shooters showing up and all the shooters I visited with had a great time, I saw more that one wide grin coming off the Jungle Run.

My intent was to get you a little taste of the facility and what you might see at the LaRue shoot.

FredQ

Cawthon Cartridge Club

Fred, Bob, MRT53 I know you guys probably have plenty of help but if you ever need anyone to shoot the targets and or stages to see how they run please let me know. I know my self as well as a few friends would love to be of assistance. We are local and are available any time were not on call...let us know. Please. We like to shoot shit.

And Fred I had no problem with the star. Leave it AS IS! I know a lot of guys that had "issues" were using cylinder bore guns...and like you said the rest may have been shot placement. I really enjoyed shooting the "swingers" or "flashers" whatever they were called.

Great job guys....I can't wait until May!

Fred gets all the credit for building the props. I had nothing to do with other than saying "Fred, when do you sleep".

Fred has been non-stop with his "real job" and fabricating props.

Thanks Fred, it is appreciated.

Scores and AAR posted in another thread.

Bob

FredQ

Cawthon Cartridge Club

Sorry about that Fred, I got you and Bob confused. Those targets were awesome.

I was bitching about the star, but most of that bitching was because I didn't have the right choke to shoot the star at that range, I love shooting stars with shotguns... :)

The flash targets were definitely my favorite, that is a great design and made for a lot of fun on the long stuff.

Thanks for all your work, Larue is sure to rock...

Fred & Bob: great job, great range, great targets. All: Fred is not just another "pretty face", his target designs and gun racks show true inspired thought, not just blowin smoke and yes, that observation will deserve some decent Irish as kudos. The stages were great fun and gave plenty of challenge. Almost all the shooters had the "wheels turnin" when they came to the line, some of us should have...

I have shot those ranges and beyond, the wind was a consequence but not like last years 1st day Larue. It (Larue) will be a kick in the pants. A few shooters got to find out how their kit works (good/bad) and some of us got to realize we should eat less, exercise more, and find better pain meds-both parties will get over it.

Its about 120 miles from this casa but I will be there when you have something working.

Alan C