Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 LaRue Tactical Multi-Gun Match

Rules for spectators?

Hearing and eye protection mandatory on the range.

Stay out of the way of the competitor and the RO's.

If you want to take photographs/video, ask the RO - ahead of time, preferably after the walk through. And then follow his/her directions explicitly.

Edited by Scout454

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there is something wrong with the way the forum is sending notifications to the threads I'm subscribed to.

This came in as Blue Ridge and I answered as such.

Carts ARE good for LaRue. They are NOT needed at Blue Ridge.

The spectator rules apply to both matches.

You know, there is something wrong with the way the forum is sending notifications to the threads I'm subscribed to.

This came in as Blue Ridge and I answered as such.

Carts ARE good for LaRue. They are NOT needed at Blue Ridge.

The spectator rules apply to both matches.

At least you are GETTING notification. Since we went to the new system, I no longer get notice on ANY topics I have subscribed to -- instead, I have to check them individually each day (PITA).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 LaRue Tactical 3 Gun Statistician

Well, if its like the Saturday portion of last year, a light might not be a bad idea. Some of us were finishing up well past twilight... :ph34r:

:blink: But the R.O.'s were real cool about working with us, and I cant say I'm any worse for wear 'cuz of it!!! :cheers:

Scout,

If you know anyone else that's a fellow Devil, round 'em up.

I'd like to chuck a few rocks and kill a few bottles with 'em all.

Semper!

ETA

My rifle, pistol and shot gun all have lights....

Edited by mos2111

Rules for spectators?

Hearing and eye protection mandatory on the range.

Stay out of the way of the competitor and the RO's.

If you want to take photographs/video, ask the RO - ahead of time, preferably after the walk through. And then follow his/her directions explicitly.

I had a friend taking pictures at last year's match. Just as Scout says: Talk to the RO-shouldn't have any problems. I got some really good pics of our squard shooting!

Quick question a friend of mine is shooting a MSAR STG556 Aug clone. His concern is last year they had stages where you had to shoot with your weak side with the rifle? Is this true? With his gun you can't do that without eating brass.

Pat

Quick question a friend of mine is shooting a MSAR STG556 Aug clone. His concern is last year they had stages where you had to shoot with your weak side with the rifle? Is this true? With his gun you can't do that without eating brass.

Pat

It would be very surprising to me if there weren't stages that require shooting from unorthodox positions.

Greg is sadistic! There WILL be awkward positions. If I were you, I'd start practicing every possible position I can - especially the weird ones - now, rather than trying to dumb something up come stage time.

Greg is sadistic! There WILL be awkward positions. If I were you, I'd start practicing every possible position I can - especially the weird ones - now, rather than trying to dumb something up come stage time.

let's see; standing up in a hammock? :cheers:

Get another gun or dip your ammo in A-1 sauce. No whining!!!!!!

I am not whining. I am shooting an Ar. Its my roommate that is going to have some issues. The only thing I would whine about if I were to wine is I can't shoot my rifle the way I have it set up for work. With two optics. A TA33 ACOG and a Aimpoint T1 in an off set mount.

Noveskedesc.jpg

N4opticsetupsideview2.jpg

I will be shooting with my Swarovski Z6i instead. So no big deal. I am looking forward to the match.

Pat

let's see; standing up in a hammock? :cheers:

The RO at my range was all "what in the hell are you doing?" when I tried to set up my hammock. Any advice on where or how I can practice this?

I kid...I kid! But I did get a WTF from my buddy when I shot laying sideways and on my back the other day. He does not believe that anyone would do that in a 3 gun comp...I couldn't believe he was more of a newb than I am.