Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para Big Stick?

dand38s

Does anyone still make a big stick for a Para 38 super open gun? I have one of the big sticks that STI used to make for the Para, but I cannot find another one. Does any body have any ideas if they are still available?

and there in lies the problem. Para should work on this. Its the biggest thing holding back pra from open. Your best option is probably the modified mag catch to use standard sti mags.

• 2 weeks later...

As noted, you can mod your mag catch so it will work with standard STI mags. You could also post a WTB ad and try to find a used mag. I had put my STI-for-Para mags up for sale when I switched. I got no takers, so I modified the mag catch notch in the tube to work with my STI.

Another option is to have two Para mags cut & welded to make a 170mm mag. Due to the geometry of the mag, you would be able to fit more ammo in the mag than any STI/SV mag. I've heard reports of 33 round welded Para mags.

Big Para Stick
Does anyone still make a big stick for a Para 38 super open gun? I have one of the big sticks that STI used to make for the Para, but I cannot find another one. Does any body have any ideas if they are still available?

Has anyone tried this mag from SPS? I have neard good and bad things about SPS mags. I would hate to spend the money on their mag to find out that it is a big paperweight.

• 3 weeks later...
Big Para Stick

Has anyone tried this mag from SPS? I have neard good and bad things about SPS mags. I would hate to spend the money on their mag to find out that it is a big paperweight.

i purchased one for my sti and it wouls only hold 27 safely for reloading. contacted sps and they informed me i had a ammo issue and should word on my reloads. i had a sti 170 that wold hold 27 safeley with the same ammo. never heard from the again. i belive i would try the welding

of two bodies.but be carefull and find some one who nows what they are doing. most people work nearthe bottom of the tubes. i had a friend put one together for a caspian i had and after polisishing and tuning it would hold 28 rds safley. hope i`ve been some help.good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
i purchased one for my sti and it wouls only hold 27 safely for reloading. contacted sps and they informed me i had a ammo issue and should word on my reloads. i had a sti 170 that wold hold 27 safeley with the same ammo. never heard from the again.

i also just got another one of their 170mm mags which they claim is 29+1.

I can get 28+3/4 in it. It is possible to queeze in 29, but there is no way to insert it into the gun with the slide forward...

There is no give left in the spring at all.

Also, this mag is listed as a "IPSC/USPSA" mag, but in fact it is only legal in USPSA as it measures 171mm...

Contacted them and the reply was that all there products were perfect, all other customers very happy and I was a liar...

Inform you that this is the first time we met with these comments so our customers are very satisfied with their magazines. Magazines have the capacity to 29+1 and 20+1 for original cartridge and They are totally legal for IPSC and USPSA.

Thanks and best regards,