Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield 9mm 1911 mags with front feed lip

steel1212

I think you really can't do better then the Metalform mags, for SS 9mm. I have shot many thousands of rounds through them and they work flawlessly. I recommend them highly.

I'm assuming your talking about the front ramp ones?

If you want to see them in person Corey, stop by Monday. I have had them for months We sell them as STI, but they are Metalforms, just like Springfield. The little ramp is quite evident.

Edited by fomeister

If you want to see them in person Corey, stop by Monday. I have had them for months We sell them as STI, but they are Metalforms, just like Springfield. The little ramp is quite evident.

Put one in a box...I'm sure I'll need something else lol.

Yes the front ramp ones, in the picture in the previous post. I believe I also read in another post a while ago the current Bianchi Cup winner found the Metalform mags to be the best feeding, single stack 9mm magazine on the market. How's that for an endorsement.

Edited by speculatorking

Yes the front ramp ones, in the picture in the previous post. I believe I also read in another post a while ago the current Bianchi Cup winner found the Metalform mags to be the best feeding, single stack 9mm magazine on the market. How's that for an endorsement.

Yeah, that is why I wanted to see the pic :-)

Corey: remember you can't load real long with the Springfield/ Metalform mags because of the crimp in the front of the mag. I am guessing that you are wanting these for IDPA? I use different 9mm mags including these Metalforms and the standard Metalforms and the Tripp 9mm. I have 9 round mags and 10 round mags. Some days I would use the 9 rounders and some days the 10 round mags. If the gun is right all these mags should work for you. I have a Kimber Eclipse 10mm that has a Schuemann 9mm and 40 barrels. I just change out the barrel,bushing and mags and it works great. The Tripps are easier to clean :cheers: I tried the first run of Wilsons and they did not work for me. I understand they are different now but I have all the 9mm mags I need. Thanks, Eric

Corey: remember you can't load real long with the Springfield/ Metalform mags because of the crimp in the front of the mag. I am guessing that you are wanting these for IDPA? I use different 9mm mags including these Metalforms and the standard Metalforms and the Tripp 9mm. I have 9 round mags and 10 round mags. Some days I would use the 9 rounders and some days the 10 round mags. If the gun is right all these mags should work for you. I have a Kimber Eclipse 10mm that has a Schuemann 9mm and 40 barrels. I just change out the barrel,bushing and mags and it works great. The Tripps are easier to clean :cheers: I tried the first run of Wilsons and they did not work for me. I understand they are different now but I have all the 9mm mags I need. Thanks, Eric

Yeah I load to 1.150 is that to long and should I go with the tripps then? I have 5 of the wilsons but I'm not a big fan.

I have 5 of the wilsons but I'm not a big fan.

Do you have the ETM's?

I am trying to find 10 rounders with some kind of basepad. Dawson has metalform with a basepad. They look like nice mags but for $50 I was hoping the ETM's would work.

The factory mags that came with my gun are "checkmate". They work but only hold 9, and no basepad. They do not have the feedramp. My gun fed 115gr whitebox and 147 gr jhp's. Can I assume since the gun ran on the checkmates it will run on Wilson's?

I have 5 of the wilsons but I'm not a big fan.

Do you have the ETM's?

I am trying to find 10 rounders with some kind of basepad. Dawson has metalform with a basepad. They look like nice mags but for $50 I was hoping the ETM's would work.

The factory mags that came with my gun are "checkmate". They work but only hold 9, and no basepad. They do not have the feedramp. My gun fed 115gr whitebox and 147 gr jhp's. Can I assume since the gun ran on the checkmates it will run on Wilson's?

Yeah, and they work most of the time, I don't like most of the time.

Cory, I use about 20 of the Metalform Front ramp mags for my Bianch and Steel Challenge guns. No complaints running rounds loaded 1.120-1.140 OAL......you SHOULD be fine, but try them to make sure.... ;)

DougC

Yeah, I'll bring some ammo with me monday to SC and try some.

Corey: You should be fine at 1.150" OAL. I load all my 9mm so it fits a Glock and my 1911's. I load to 1.135-1.140" and they run just fine in all my 9mm stuff. I use the Tripp 9mm mags with the spacer. Corey if you want to try some of the Tripps,Metalform and Springfield mags let me know. I let you borrow some to try. Thanks, Eric

Corey: You should be fine at 1.150" OAL. I load all my 9mm so it fits a Glock and my 1911's. I load to 1.135-1.140" and they run just fine in all my 9mm stuff. I use the Tripp 9mm mags with the spacer. Corey if you want to try some of the Tripps,Metalform and Springfield mags let me know. I let you borrow some to try. Thanks, Eric

Eric, if the tripps are the 10 round 9mm yeah I would like to try those. PM incoming.

Yeah I load to 1.150 is that to long and should I go with the tripps then?

you'll be fine I use them at 1.160". The only problem I've had was burs on the inside of the "ramp" from the stamping process after a little sanding they are good to go.

In 9mm I have Kimber 9rnd, Metalform 9 and 10 rnd and Wilson 10 rnd ETM. The 9 rnd Metalform and The Wilsons run 100% for me. In my Kimber the Wilson's are hard to seat with 10 rnds in the mag till it gets broken in. My only trouble with the Metalform 10 rounders is it does not lock the slide back about 30% of the time.

Corey: How did the mags workout? I know they work for me perfectly but I am interested in how they work in a stock Springfield. Thanks, Eric

They all work great and I need to get them back to you. I'll be ordering the Tripps and probably will pick up a few of the metal forms to have on hand. Thanks! PM me your address.