Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G22 Df Mags Are Not Dropping Free

Fireant

I use my G22 for USPSA limited and have Taylor +5 basepads on the mags. I'm having trouble getting my mags to drop free all of a sudden when partly full. I have not had this problem until the last month and a half. I have not changed anything and my mags are in good shape ( no feed lip problems or anything) Help, it really eats up time on stages having to pull out a mag that should already be on the ground with a new mag in my hand.

Thanks.

Fireant,

Had similar problem with some DF/FML mags in my G35.

Check out the tips in this post.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3046

What finally fixed mine was replacing the frame.

It was one subject to the recall, so when it arrived back at my house, all the DF/FML mag problems were gone. Hope it's better for you, as I didn't try all of the remedies in the above post.

• 2 weeks later...

Fireant,

This is a very common problem. I simply sand my mags with fine sand paper over a sanding block. This works for me.

I've seen posts here that say you shouldn't sand the mags, but I've done it with many mags and I've had zero problems. It's a lot cheaper than replacing the frame.

Also make sure that your mag springs are still strong.

Take a look at the bottom of the notch that intercepts your magazine catch. The bottoms of mine started to bulge out from bashing the mag in on reloads and started to stick. A little xacto knife worked fixed it.

All of my Glock mags (NFML 17's w/ TF +11's and stock FML 14's) don't drop free when clean. But drop free full, 1/2 full, or empty when they are armor all'd. A wipe with a silicone cloth also works just as well.

Regards,