Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wellll..... not exactly! But I have taken every step possible to make sure that the wheelgunners have the same chance to go just as fast as anyone else (just not for as long a burst).

I can honestly say that without a doubt I'm pretty sure and it's likely that anyone shooting revolver will have to do a few more reloads than the open gunners.

Some stages are 6 round neutral but I paid more attention to making them 8 round neutral than anything. But if you get 10 other revolver shooters to come out, next year I will make it all 6 round neutral (within my limited powers). Heck, if we get 11 revolver shooters this year, next year I will buy a wheelgun and give it a shot.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellll..... not exactly! But I have taken every step possible to make sure that the wheelgunners have the same chance to go just as fast as anyone else (just not for as long a burst).

I can honestly say that without a doubt I'm pretty sure and it's likely that anyone shooting revolver will have to do a few more reloads than the open gunners.

Some stages are 6 round neutral but I paid more attention to making them 8 round neutral than anything. But if you get 10 other revolver shooters to come out, next year I will make it all 6 round neutral (within my limited powers). Heck, if we get 11 revolver shooters this year, next year I will buy a wheelgun and give it a shot.

Okay, everybody heard that. We need at least 11 Revo's at the match. I want to see him shoot Revo next year. (That is, until he beats me at that, too). :roflol:

Chris

$100 for a Sectional match??

Not trying to start a war here but, let's please not turn this into a "worth it or not" thread. Show up and shoot it up or don't. "Worth it" is all relavant and relavant is all personal.

I've shot this match 4 times in the past. Worth every penny !!!! :cheers:

Now Jim, I don't have an entry to the MS 3-gun challenge from you yet ????

You surely want me to make the trip back up there to blast with you guys again ???

Resjudicata, Same offer...............I come shoot the Fall classic (again) and you come shoot the Memphis Charity Challenge. :devil:

Hop

I've shot this match 4 times in the past. Worth every penny !!!! :cheers:

Now Jim, I don't have an entry to the MS 3-gun challenge from you yet ????

You surely want me to make the trip back up there to blast with you guys again ???

Resjudicata, Same offer...............I come shoot the Fall classic (again) and you come shoot the Memphis Charity Challenge. :devil:

Hop

I know.... I'm trying to get everything set up early so that I can actually project a little time off. But the weekend before the match is going to be tough.

How about if I secure Budweiser as a sponsor again??? That should bring a few guys out! :cheers:

I did get Budweiser on board! Not for as much as the first time, but they will provide a few cold beers for those that choose to indulge....

Remember the COPS range is an alcohol free facility so I will have stuff at registration and at the BBQ.

By the way... how are we doing with the wheelgunners? I have my hopes up already and I have been looking around a bit.

What I have found is that I'm wheelgun stupid! So when we get the 11 I will need help getting the right set up for next year. Needs to be .40 and that's about all I know so someone can start putting together the package.

A 610 or a 646 will get you the 40 S&W you need. I'm running my Limited load in my 6.5" 610 with RIMZ moon clips and a North Mountain moon clip holder from Bob Perdue.

Hopefully we will have enough people this year. There are a few revolver things going on in October so it may be difficult.

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

Any news ???

How many Revos signed up ?

Resjudicata, you gonna make it to memphis, if so I need to plan to be in Rolla !!!

Jim, Still don't see an entry from you for the MS 3-gun. DON'T tell me you're going to the Adams Arms match instead ???? (all the good shooters will be in Mississippi) ;)

Hop

Last time I checked with the registrar we only had one revo shooter signed up. I however have taken the first steps to getting set up to run revolver some next year.

I doubt I get to shoot either 3 gun. So far the most of my help has been my kids out with me on the range. We are about 80% complete.

Prize table this year is going to be a bit lean. Stages look like fun wide open blasting. I'm working to make next years event a bigger and better event and could use some input. I would like to pull more folks by building a bigger prize table, switching to a 2 day format and shooting 8 stages on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

So what will it take to bring the match back to the 150 shooters we had a few years ago?

Any news ???

How many Revos signed up ?

Resjudicata, you gonna make it to memphis, if so I need to plan to be in Rolla !!!

Jim, Still don't see an entry from you for the MS 3-gun. DON'T tell me you're going to the Adams Arms match instead ???? (all the good shooters will be in Mississippi) ;)

Hop

Isn't that, "they'll be in MS early, so they can make the Adams Arms Ozark 3-Gun Championship?"!!!!

Actually it is looking like I won't make either one. Too much life getting in the way of fun.

I've been having problem after problem with the 610. None of them are catastrophic but I just don't have the time to solve them and get it ready to shoot. I was still going to try and get to Rolla with my Limited gun but that doesn't look like it is going to happen either. :angry2:

Hopefully I'll be able to get out to some big matches next year.

Chris

Prize table this year is going to be a bit lean. Stages look like fun wide open blasting. I'm working to make next years event a bigger and better event and could use some input. I would like to pull more folks by building a bigger prize table, switching to a 2 day format and shooting 8 stages on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

So what will it take to bring the match back to the 150 shooters we had a few years ago?

I would rather see a 2 day format and either shoot all stages on Saturday or all stages on Sunday.FWIW the format mentioned above adds another night in Hotel cost. Prize table would probably work for some.

BK

I think the best format that I have seen is what Area 6 does and what I copied for the Indiana Section this year

Shooters had the choice

They could shoot with staff on Friday (limited number)

Shoot all Stages either on Saturday, or all Stages on Sunday

or

I had 2 squads (of 10-12 people) that could choose to shoot Sat/Sun

Keep the cost below $100 for match fee if you are not going to a prize table.

If you are going to have a prize table then you should have prizes for random draw and prizes for performance.

That is how we did it this year except for the prize for perfomance that was trophy only, but we keep the match fee at $85.

Doing the samething for next year.

Another thing to help bring more shooters to your match (any match) is the new Self Squadding feature. People can see who is going and can then decide if they want to or not, and what division to shoot. I have went to a few matches that I wasn't intending to go to because of this feature.

The match Mangament can still make "super squads" and things even with this feature.

Having said that. How many and what divisions are represented as of now ? (Thinking of coming, but looking to shoot something different as a change of pace) :surprise:

Hopalong

I agree 100% about the online squadding. That will happen.. just not this year. I also like the suggestion to have the option to shoot it all in one day or mix it up some. Prize tables keep folks around till the last day sometimes..... and sometimes not. Having the option might bring a few more out.

I don't have the total count right now. Last time I looked was about 10 days ago and it was pretty Open/limited heavy. Only 1 revolver shooter was registered.

I think you should shoot cap and ball revolver. If you do you will be the only one for sure. But I would put 100 bucks on the table just for you as long as I can watch. I will even make a special trophy for you (ship it later).

But no matter what you shoot you will look good and you will have fun.

I would like to pull more folks by building a bigger prize table, switching to a 2 day format and shooting 8 stages on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.

Given that Sunday is a travel day, I think I'd rather see your current setup, with an optional Sunday side match for those interested, but no requirement to stick around for those with long drives and early starts on Monday.

That said, I'm hoping you still have the man-on-man side match on Sunday. I skipped it last year and regretted it.

I agree 100% about the online squadding. That will happen.. just not this year. I also like the suggestion to have the option to shoot it all in one day or mix it up some. Prize tables keep folks around till the last day sometimes..... and sometimes not. Having the option might bring a few more out.

I don't have the total count right now. Last time I looked was about 10 days ago and it was pretty Open/limited heavy. Only 1 revolver shooter was registered.

I think you should shoot cap and ball revolver. If you do you will be the only one for sure. But I would put 100 bucks on the table just for you as long as I can watch. I will even make a special trophy for you (ship it later).

But no matter what you shoot you will look good and you will have fun.

Have you got a count yet? How many folks have signed up?