Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE Div

Hey, I was retro before retro was cool (GP100 w/HKS speedloaders from velcroed pouches)! B)

Of course, that's because that was the equipment I had (and still use sometimes). If it would have a effect on ICORE like Producton did on USPSA then I'm all for it. Ditto if it would attract some wheel-gunners from IDPA.

pmacb

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea. One thing I'd add to the rules: Apppropriate ammo for the gun, "IDPAish" as much as I hate to say that but no short colt brass for 38's, no 44 russian for 44's etc.

Sorry to take this a little off track - where is this in the IDPA rule book? I searched the rule book for 'brass' and 'ammunition' and nothing came up.

I'm not really sure short brass has that much of an advantage.... Unless we start measuring cases, someone could always take a .44 mag case and cut it down to any size they want.

Further, I know some have had a hard time getting brass - one guy I know was looking for .44 brass and all he could find was 44 russian. It would seem harsh to ban him when that was all he could find.

I so not have much experience in this area so maybe I'm missing something....

I have cut down the 38 specials to 38 super length just for giggles and some experimentation. Where they "feel" faster on the reload they are the same. Mechanics are mechanics and you have to perform them no mater what the case length. To discuss the speed moonclip vs speedloaders you really need to see some of the faster guys shoot the speedloaders. There is not that much differeence until you get the bad reloads. But you can have a bad reload with the moonclip...it is just harder to have a bad one. To see if the new Div/Categorey would fly we need to try it at the local level to see if it will bring in the shooters. Remember also if you only use speed loaders in classifications you will be grouped with those that shoot to your ability no mater what the equipemnt. later rdd :cheers:

As Bubba intimated, I think you'll find short brass and long extractor rods to be a problem with speedloaders/individual cases and imperfect reloads.

Craig

Edited by Bones

As Bubba intimated, I think you'll find short brass and long extractor rods to be a problem with speedloaders/individual cases and imperfect reloads.

Craig

Sure that's not long brass and short ejector rods? .900" long brass will be pushed clear. .38 special brass can be left with the last .250" of the case still in the chamber.

. Remember also if you only use speed loaders in classifications you will be grouped with those that shoot to your ability no mater what the equipemnt. later rdd :cheers:

Hi Bubber,

With regard to classifier, we would have new stats for retro as it is now for LTD/OPEN, not the same %.

Tom E,

I don't think we need to start the' like IDPA' thing with regard to ammo, this is ICORE.

Many times it will cause a problem when people try to change a sport to be more like another, each one has its merits, I would like to see Retro as (to me ) it would bring in shooters from other sports, we have to respect each shooting sport for what it is, shoot by the rules of that sport and have fun with it.

Regards,

DB

Craig

Sure that's not long brass and short ejector rods? .900" long brass will be pushed clear. .38 special brass can be left with the last .250" of the case still in the chamber.

No, I meant what I said. One case stuck under an extractor star because the gun was not as vertical as it should have been will convince you it is not the great idea you thought it might be.

Craig

Edited by Bones

We all seem to be on the same page, get more shooters out to enjoy the sport. As far as the comparing ICORE to IDPA or USPSA no way, each is it's own game,,,, and lets remember that these are just games!!! I have been shooting alot of different matches and have never had a target shoot back at me and I've never been sued by any non-threat I've hit, and I've shot my share of them!!! The first IDPA match I ever shot, I used a 6" model 57 with full house ammo, they said it was not an IDPA legal gun, but welcome and have a good safe time, I did and have shot about 75 more matches since (with "legal" ssr and esr guns). Bottom line, have fun and get more people out to ALL the matches

I would love to see a speed loader division. I really miss shooting my 686 with comp 3's: that’s what I learned to shoot on. I would not limit barrel length, let the people shoot what they have.

I would definitely shoot the new division at the IRC if they have it. That's the only way John is not going to kick my a$$.

"No, I meant what I said. One case stuck under an extractor star because the gun was not as vertical as it should have been will convince you it is not the great idea you thought it might be."

Bones is right. That is the only reason he was not next.

I would love to see a speed loader division. I really miss shooting my 686 with comp 3's: that’s what I learned to shoot on. I would not limit barrel length, let the people shoot what they have.

I would definitely shoot the new division at the IRC if they have it. That's the only way John is not going to kick my a$$.

Cliff is right. It won't be John.

Craig

Cliff is right. It won't be John.

Craig

Mr. Buckland, how 'bout 6" S&W 57's and HKS speedloaders, sounds like a manly way to shoot!!!!

No, I meant what I said. One case stuck under an extractor star because the gun was not as vertical as it should have been will convince you it is not the great idea you thought it might be.

Craig

Especially if you're trying to reload in the dark :blush:

Jerry

Edited by COF

ICORE BOD passed the Retro div last night.

Rich

Ok, I will await the posting on their webpage for the Rule book to see what it all entails. Hopefully it wil bring in more shooeters and ICORE members. :cheers: later rdd