Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CR Speed WSM II vs. Safariland 013

STIGUY

Would like thoughts on everyone's preference of the two for use in Limited on my Para and/or STI? Safariland is little more expensive, but in looking at the two these seem similiar in design and function. Seems like the 013 is the replacement for the 012 from Safariland.

Welcome to the forums!

Haven't used the 013 but did use the CR for several years and just replaced with a Ghost. Moving the muzzle platform up and down to switch from Limited to Open and back drove me nuts. It was a great holster when I was just shooting Limited/L10. I used it with both a Para and an STI with no problems.

If you get the CR go buy the upgrade parts for it from Arredondo Accessories. Makes a huge difference.

Would like thoughts on everyone's preference of the two for use in Limited on my Para and/or STI? Safariland is little more expensive, but in looking at the two these seem similiar in design and function. Seems like the 013 is the replacement for the 012 from Safariland.

Is started with a 012 and switched to the CR Speed. With the Safariland I had to turn the screw 2 or 3 turns to feel like my gun was secure. With the WSM II you move a lever about 1/8". I haven't seen the new 013 model. Maybe it solves that problem.

I just borrowed a 012 to try with my Edge. I took the spacer out like I read in another thread. My question is, should the holster hold the gun if you turn it upside down slowly? I just don't know how secure I should expect it to be. I have never used a holster that did not enclose the gun. The draw is great, but I worry about walking around with it.

Is started with a 012 and switched to the CR Speed. With the Safariland I had to turn the screw 2 or 3 turns to feel like my gun was secure. With the WSM II you move a lever about 1/8". I haven't seen the new 013 model. Maybe it solves that problem.

It will. The new 013 with the lock is the way cool. Hard to improve now actually.

And I'll type this here so no one has to ask - I'm 95% sure I'm not to bring Safariland back into my store. They won't drop-ship for me any more, and there is one workaround option but it just not a good one.

be

I don't have any experience with the 013. I used an 012 for several years in L10. My gun fell out of it three or four times (all unloaded drops, thank goodness). It is fast, but not worth the risk in my opinion. I used to put an o ring around the knob of the holster and over the beavertail of my gun in the winter when I was wearing a jacket so the jacket wouldn't pull the gun out of the holster accidentally. When I started venturing into some multigun matches I quit using it and started using a Bladetech. My draws are not any slower and my gun doesn't fall out anymore.

Hurley

I've never used the CR, but my experience with Safariland's customer service alone would send me elsewhere.

The belt loop broke on my 012, I emailed and phoned at least half a dozen times over several months, but despite assurances that replacements were on the way, they never arrived.

I managed to 'fix' mine and it works well, but when it breaks, I'll get a CR to replace it.

P.D.

I don't have any experience with the 013. I used an 012 for several years in L10. My gun fell out of it three or four times (all unloaded drops, thank goodness). It is fast, but not worth the risk in my opinion. I used to put an o ring around the knob of the holster and over the beavertail of my gun in the winter when I was wearing a jacket so the jacket wouldn't pull the gun out of the holster accidentally. When I started venturing into some multigun matches I quit using it and started using a Bladetech. My draws are not any slower and my gun doesn't fall out anymore.

Hurley

Check my Safarliand Blowout Sale Dealer Forum thread. (I have one 012 and one 013 in it. With the trigger lock on the 013, IMO it's now the ultimate.)

be