Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good friends, good shooters, GREAT FAMILY

jasmap

Today was great. A buddy swung by the house and picked me up. We shot the match at Rio Salado twice this morning (2 different divisions). I had a great cup of coffee. My 20 month old son is in a great mood. My wife is in a good mood. I had a gun problem (no biggie) on one stage today and TGO took it apart, went and got his gun to compare, and showed me the problem in 2 seconds and I actually had the fix for it in my range bag. I enjoy being around shooters. It's a great community.

Edited by jasmap

Today was great. A buddy swung by the house and picked me up. We shot the match at Rio Salado twice this morning (2 different divisions). I had a great cup of coffee. My 20 month old son is in a great mood. My wife is in a good mood. I had a gun problem (no biggie) on one stage today and TGO took it apart, went and got his gun to compare, and showed me the problem in 2 seconds and I actually had the fix for it in my range bag. I enjoy being around shooters. It's a great community.

Sounds as close to the perfect day as most of us will ever get! I had the opportunity to attend a Babes with Bullets class in Phoenix at Rio Salado. Kippi Leatham was one of the instructors and she's so down-to-earth. On our last day at camp, TGO was at the range hauling props around. It's very impressive to see folks who are famous (at least in our sport) sweating it out with the rest of us! Hope the rest of your day is just as good as the 1st part was!

JASMAP, along the same lines let me hijack your thread.

*****TODAY*****

Up early to go shoot CAPS. Coffee and wake Francisco up to get ready. Kiss wife goodbye, she's in a good mood. Head outta the house. I don't have to drive, Fran's got his permit. Special classifier today at B-wick. I didn't shoot too good, meaning I didn't make A-class single stack with today's scores, but had the best QT with my young boy and in the company of good people.

(I'm the single income of the household. Fran got a slot to nats and with his older bro starting college it would've been tough for me to get him to Vegas + expenses. Come the kid ingenuity and drive: he starts SONS OF NEMO to help me get him to nationals. He lands sponsorships and his main sponsor, Speed Shooter Specialties, decides to give the boy his webstore and to organize a raffle to further help Fran with his nationals trip.)

Today at the range Kenny gave Fran an envelope with the proceeds from the raffle. Fran is set and good to go thanks to his drive, his sponsors and all of you who contributed to the raffle by donating products, time, or by buying entries. OUR LIFE IS GOOD and a big part of all this goodness is thanks to all of you. We must have done something right to deserve all this kindness.

Then to the customary lunch at Sonny's with our friends Fireant, RickyH, Bwalla, kend, Chip & Mark, et. al. That's the best part of the local match day. Big Guy missed it today.

Head back to JAX, just one hour, but I don't have to drive, Fran's got his permit. Back at the house, kiss wife hello, she's still in a good mood. Junior is chillin' here at the house, that's a rare occurrence lately. Makes me happy to have everyone here, everyone's happy. Gotta go have some ice cream with them and watch a flic. Have a good night and thank you.

Life is tough but it's "good tough". Wouldn't change a thing...

PAX TECUM

Edited by Nemo

Nice Nemo. I feel the same way even though I really hate the Sat I have to run a match. That is until I see everyone having a good time. Then I seem to forget the waking up at 5 am to get it all going. Edited to add that I just missed A class in limited also, maybe next time.

Edited by Fireant

JASMAP, along the same lines let me hi-jack your thread.

*****TODAY*****

Up early to go shoot CAPS. Coffee and wake Francisco up to get ready. Kiss wife goodbye, she's in a good mood. Head outta the house. I don't have to drive, Fran's got his permit. Special classifier today at B-wick. I didn't shoot too good, meaning I didn't make A-class single stack with today's scores, but had the best QT with my young boy and in the company of good people.

(I'm the single income of the household. Fran got a slot to nats and with his older bro starting college it would've been tough for me to get him to Vegas + expenses. Come the kid ingenuity and drive: he starts SONS OF NEMO to help me get him to nationals. He lands sponsorships and his main sponsor, Speed Shooter Specialties, decides to give the boy his webstore and to organize a raffle to further help Fran with his nationals trip.)

Today at the range Kenny gave Fran an envelope with the proceeds from the raffle. Fran is set and good to go thanks to his drive, his sponsors and all of you who contributed to the raffle by donating products, time, or by buying entries. OUR LIFE IS GOOD and a big part of all this goodness is thanks to all of you. We must have done something right to deserve all this kindness.

Then to the customary lunch at Sonny's with our friends Fireant, RickyH, Bwalla, kend, Chip & Mark, et. al. That's the best part of the local match day. Big Guy missed it today.

Head back to JAX, just one hour, but I don't have to drive, Fran's got his permit. Back at the house, kiss wife hello, she's still in a good mood. Junior is chillin' here at the house, that's a rare occurrence lately. Makes me happy to have everyone here, everyone's happy. Gotta go have some ice cream with them and watch a flic. Have a good night and thank you.

Life is tough but it's "good tough". Wouldn't change a thing...

PAX TECUM

Nemo you or anyone else can "hijack" my thread anytime with a post like that. It's always good to remember that our family and friends are important to us. And speaking of ice cream. My son and I go alone EVERY Saturday, no matter what, to get ice cream together. It makes my week all that much better.

Edited by jasmap

Very cool Jason. As my daughter was growing up she and I always went down to the store to get a slurpee which she loved. When her mom and I got divorced it was the thing we did every time I had her as I drove her back to her mom's. Great ritual and it always made us both smile. That little girl is 22 now but every time I get to see her I still see her giggling face as we mixed cherry and coke together to make the perfect slurpee.

Very cool Jason. As my daughter was growing up she and I always went down to the store to get a slurpee which she loved. When her mom and I got divorced it was the thing we did every time I had her as I drove her back to her mom's. Great ritual and it always made us both smile. That little girl is 22 now but every time I get to see her I still see her giggling face as we mixed cherry and coke together to make the perfect slurpee.

It's great stuff ain't it Rick!!!???? :cheers:

I had a gun problem (no biggie) on one stage today and TGO took it apart, went and got his gun to compare, and showed me the problem in 2 seconds and I actually had the fix for it in my range bag. I enjoy being around shooters. It's a great community.

Hey next time your shooting with Robbie, ask him when Springfield is going to come back out with the .40 1911.