Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Production (Revolver) Itch....

Blueridge

Ever since my revolver was added to the allowed production gun list I have had the urge to shoot it in production. Not simply go to a monthly match, but in a SS/Production Only match or the like. I think that it would be a blast to be shooting a revolver in such a match, see the looks, and hear the remarks other shooters would make.

If there is a chance to "ice skate uphill" I am the guy standing at the bottom of that hill waiting to go. :roflol:

I am curious to see how well I could do in a match specifically designed for production using a revolver. :P

Ever since my revolver was added to the allowed production gun list I have had the urge to shoot it in production. Not simply go to a monthly match, but in a SS/Production Only match or the like. I think that it would be a blast to be shooting a revolver in such a match, see the looks, and hear the remarks other shooters would make.

If there is a chance to "ice skate uphill" I am the guy standing at the bottom of that hill waiting to go. :roflol:

I am curious to see how well I could do in a match specifically designed for production using a revolver. :P

I know a match..... BITB!

Do you have to keep all of your speed loaders behind the point of the hip in production revolver?

Yup....

Nik you may want to read the rules a little closer

Steve

apendix d4 Restriction on position of holster

and other equipment

(revolver speedloaders.moon clips

are exempt)

Yes, see Appendix E3

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted No,

Edited by sci

Do you have to keep all of your speed loaders behind the point of the hip in production revolver?

Yup....

Nik you may want to read the rules a little closer

Steve

apendix d4 Restriction on position of holster

and other equipment

(revolver speedloaders.moon clips

are exempt)

Yes, see Appendix E3

13 Optical/electronic sights permitted No,

Whoops.....

.....shows you how many revolver shooters I've seen in Production......

....and the folly of answering rules questions from memory....

I know a match..... BITB!

Tempting, but I have planned on going to the Memphis Charity Challenge which is at the end of October and don't think that I can fit two trips out of state for matches in. If I could work it in I would. Fact is seeing that match is what brought the idea of competing in production with my revolver to the forefront of my mind recently.

Edited by Blueridge

That is gonna be a long hill, but I would imagine you'd get the attention you seek!

What fun would a short hill be. :huh:

I always get attention when I shoot. How many revolver shooters have you seen using a Ruger Alaskan loaded with .45 Colt? Not to mention that 2 1/2" barrel. :lol:

Do you have any idea how challenging it is to get the ammunition to make major power factor from a revolver with that length barrel? Let's just say that no one mistakes me for any other shooter in the match. :roflol:

Not really "high speed, low drag", but it's fun and I am a better shooter overall from using it. :D

Edited by Blueridge

I've been thinking about doing this also, but the problem is, if the gun has been carmonized, ie hammer bobbed, I was told by our section coordinator and RM instructor that to be in production, you need have the hammer spur intact on a revolver. So my 627-357's are out, but my 627-38 super is ok since it has little work done to it. If this is incorrect, please state where in the rule book where it says we can modify external items.. Production meaning trigger job ok (internal), external modifications not allowed..

I have a Carmonized 627 coming soon.

I'm going to look hard at the Production rules to see if the bobbed hammer is legal. If it is, I'll be shooting prod. for a while.

Dave

Dave, I have looked at the Production rules, and it appears to me that to be legal for Production, a revolver's hammer and trigger can have no externally visible modifications. This prohibits Carmonized hammers, Randy hammers, and bobbed hammers. Narrowing, smoothing, or contouring a trigger are also prohibited. Furthermore, the hammer block must remain in place in order to keep the gun Production legal.

It's not too late for me to keep your new 627 legal for Production division. I'll drop you a PM and we can talk it over.

I have a Carmonized 627 coming soon.

I'm going to look hard at the Production rules to see if the bobbed hammer is legal. If it is, I'll be shooting prod. for a while.

Dave

Dave, I have looked at the Production rules, and it appears to me that to be legal for Production, a revolver's hammer and trigger can have no externally visible modifications. This prohibits Carmonized hammers, Randy hammers, and bobbed hammers. Narrowing, smoothing, or contouring a trigger are also prohibited. Furthermore, the hammer block must remain in place in order to keep the gun Production legal.

It's not too late for me to keep your new 627 legal for Production division. I'll drop you a PM and we can talk it over.

I spoke my Area Fuhrer today and received his opinion but will email Mr. Amidon for a final ruling.

Regardless of the outcome, bob it!

Dave