Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ca sp01 shadow

todd_quinn

i have a sp01 shadow, when i fire some rounds they will not eject and i have had a problem with some soft strikes.

i have throughly cleaned the gun and re lubricated the sliding parts, however this still occurs.

does this seam like a bullet concern of the internals of the gun.

all suggestions welcomed

thank you

thank you for the quick reply,

unfortunatly i cant answer the majority of the questions.

i bought the gun second hand, the bullets were professional reloads.

i know they are 135 proj and i am shooting minor in australia.

is there any way of telling the spring tensions?

• 1 month later...

Check firing pin spring and channel. Does the pistol still have the firing pin block installed? If so, see if there are signs of the block no completely moving out of the way of the firing pin and obstructing the forward motion of the FP. What are the symptons on the failure to eject. The ejector may need to be refaced.

Gene

i have a sp01 shadow, when i fire some rounds they will not eject and i have had a problem with some soft strikes.

i have throughly cleaned the gun and re lubricated the sliding parts, however this still occurs.

does this seam like a bullet concern of the internals of the gun.

all suggestions welcomed

thank you

Some light strikes. This is a sign of high primers in the reload. The first strike will normally look light and pust the primer in. Subsequent strikes will set it off.

Some rounds not ejecting. Hard to say much here without more detail.

Let us assume you didn't buy some one elses problem first. Go to the store buy a couple boxes of factory ammo. Next before going to the range clean the mags. Yes the bottom comes off and you take the guts out use a baby bottle brush and get all of that down under crud out of there. You can use a small squit of Dry Lube, (the have it at the auto parts store) or a squirt of pure silicone spray. Assemble the mags.

Take it to the range or to the outback and give it another try. There is no such thing as a professional reloader, you just can't make a living doing that. There are a very few ammo ammo companies here that do some reloads like Alanta Arms and they are good. A buch of wanna be ammo loaders sell reloads at gun shows and some work some don't some of the time.

If it still does not work come back with details we got lots of experts on this forum. Pay attention to details if you have more than one mag does it do it with both etc.

baer: +1 Eliminate the reloaded ammunition as a problem. Shoot a box of regular factory ammo like 115gr FMJ and check for FTFs/FTEs.

eerw: +1 Many competitors lighten CZ springs (including the hammer spring) to improve the trigger pull and

to better handle light "Minor" loads. They can use Federal spp to get 100% reliable bangs, and other primers may give occassional FTFs.

There is no visual way to tell spring strengths.

Edited by 1SOW

Here's what I woud do.

-I would just buy new recoil springs 11.0lbs

-Put factory 18lbs main spring.

-Take out the firing pin block.

-Buy and shoot off shelf factory ammo.

-Clean all magazines and replace springs and followers.

SHOOT AND ENJOY...At least I know what is on the gun!(MAINTAIN AS IS)

dont like to try this and do that? too much time and guess work.

I like to set a STARTING POINT maintenance parts of the gun.

Hope this helps.

EB

Here's what I woud do.

-I would just buy new recoil springs 11.0lbs

-Put factory 18lbs main spring.

-Take out the firing pin block.

-Buy and shoot off shelf factory ammo.

-Clean all magazines and replace springs and followers.

SHOOT AND ENJOY...At least I know what is on the gun!(MAINTAIN AS IS)

dont like to try this and do that? too much time and guess work.

I like to set a STARTING POINT maintenance parts of the gun.

Hope this helps.

EB

All good advise except taking out the FPB. The Shadow comes from the factory without it!

Addict