Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What No one shoots Steel Challenge Matches?

And I can't believe you didn't just do a simple internet search. B)

From the club look up page on the Steel Challenge site http://steelchallenge.com/scsa-clubs/

Club Lookup

Clubs within 200 miles of Savannah, Georgia (Zip 31401)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANCIENT CITY SHOOTING RANGE – SCSA060

Contact Info

St Augustine, FL 32092

Home: (904) 808-8559

Work: (904) 669-5187

Email: crumis@bellsouth.net

Distance to contact: 148 miles

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MID-CAROLINA RIFLE CLUB – SCSA013

Contact Info

Columbia, SC 29223-3530

Home: (803) 629-7095

Work: (803) 787-9693

Fax: (803) 787-1168

Email: lchico@msn.com

Distance to contact: 140 miles

I also found this in Anderson, SC http://www.skipjrange.com/schedule.htm

ETA: Welcome to the forum by the way. Five posts and already posting with an attitude... tisk, tisk.

And spending a few more minutes searching on Google for you...

http://www.midcarolinarifleclub.com/index....9&Itemid=84

http://www.griffinsteelmatch.com/

Edited by Steve J

These might be near enough:

Mid Carolina (Columbia, SC) shoots steel the third Saturady (tomorrow), and

Skip J (Anderson, SC) shoots steel the third Sunday

((Just waaay to slow!))

Edited by DaninSC

What part of Georgia do you live in?

I shoot 2 steel matches a month and I live in Georgia.

If I wanted to I could shoot 3. It is just hard to drive to South Carolina one day then to Alabama the next.

Sunday I will drive 2 hours to Anniston Alabama to shoot steel it is a shade closer than South Carolina.

How far are you willing to drive?

South Carolina or Griffin would be a few hours but close enough if you want to shoot steel bad enough.

Mid-Carolina Rifle Club is the only affiliated club in South Carolina and we are shooting tomorrow (3rd Saturday as Lee mentioned). I have been approached by another club interested in starting SC here in S.C. and I am working with them to get it going.

So, come on out tomorrow. We allow 2 guns at the monthly matches, including rimfire rifles (i.e. 10/22s or ARs with .22 conversions). We are about 3.5 hours from ATL. Registration starts at 9:30 and shooting at 10:00.

Like to thank everyone so for there posts.And I have tried using Steel Challenge Match website.If pull up Georgia it shows nothing!Even though there is one in Griffin,Ga.Imagine that huh

Like to thank everyone so for there posts.And I have tried using Steel Challenge Match website.If pull up Georgia it shows nothing!Even though there is one in Griffin,Ga.Imagine that huh

Use your Zip Code. That works. States didn't work for me either.

The states search works. What they don't tell you is to use the 2-byte postal code for the state, that is, GA instead of georgia.

But it's still not going to show Griffin because that isn't a SCSA club.

The Steel Challenge website "Look-up clubs by state" works just fine. It only lists affiliated clubs. That is why Griffin GA does not show up & why Anderson SC does not show up. They have no way of knowing which clubs across the nation are running unofficial steel matches and calling them "Steel Challenge."

If you want a response to a post, I'd make 2 suggestions, beyond the use of 'search' that others have already mentioned:

Don't expect an instant response. You posted 2 identical messages on this forum yesterday (
and
), and then, 16 hours later, posted a disgruntled message because you did not get a lot of responses. Not everyone lives in front of their computer.

Post in the correct places. One of your posts was in the "Match Annoucements - Pistol Only" area. The second was in the Dealer Forum - "Vendor Tent" area (?). If you had posted in the thread for Steel Challenge, you may have had more replies:
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! > Shooting Sports and Travel > Other Shooting Sports > Steel Challenge

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Columbia SC

What's even funnier is that I told him about those same matches before he posted on here :o Right Mark? :roflol:

Ahhh...between that, and the other threads that Linda pointed out (which I closed)...

Now I am wondering if he is looking for match info or just raising a stink. And, I even tweaked the thread title to include locations to help get better info. <_<

strick9 be nice to folks around here and they will go out of their way to help you out.

- Admin.

I apoloize to anyone,Just alittle excited to find somewhere to shoot.Thanks again for all the response now I know.I just have notice its easier to find the USPSA and other shoots.Then it was to find Steel Challenge matches.So My BAD! Some rookies have to learn the hard way!! The main reason for me looking for Steel Matches so hard to is I have limutions.So i apoloize again to everyone again

Edited by strick9

I am starting a steel match in Port Saint Joe Florida next month, if the steel gets here. The match will be on the second Saturday @ 0900 EST. We will also shoot on the 5 Saturdays. We alternate between 3 different matches on that day (glock, NRA action and now steel). Here is the web sight http://gulfrifle.home.mchsi.com/