Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elite Limited HB

liontribe

i was poking around on the AUS tanfoglio site and saw this model. i was in love! it has a dark finish with chrome? grip and components. it is basically an Elite Limited with a new look. does anyone know if this model will be coming to the US or should i stop hoping? i am looking for a new Tanfoglio and this really does it for me.

liontribe

i was poking around on the AUS tanfoglio site and saw this model. i was in love! it has a dark finish with chrome? grip and components. it is basically an Elite Limited with a new look. does anyone know if this model will be coming to the US or should i stop hoping? i am looking for a new Tanfoglio and this really does it for me.

liontribe

The HB is not currently imported by EAA so you are out of luck. The coating from what I've heard is not that great anyway. I'd personally just get a Limited and break it in then ship it to Springer Precision to have it IonBonded. Best of both worlds. My Dad did this on his after it was cut up a bit so it now looks like the beauty below. Before you ask... YES it does look even better in person, beautiful gun!

post-8969-1247684196_thumb.jpg

that is definitely one of the nicest pistols i have seen. i have a line on a nice Limited right now so that seems to be the best way to go. thanks for the fast reply. i am new to tanfoglio but not shooting. i wish they were more available here in the states. oh well, i like being the strange one!

liontribe

JoshF> That gun looks awesome!!! I was thinking about getting my Backup gun IonBonded and after seeing those pic's I am sold :)

I got more pics :D ..... Ton of Mill/Dremel/File work in this gun. Looks clean enough most never notice though. I came up with the V10 ports in the slide and a friend then elaborated on the idea and made them look more like ports on a hot-rod then typical Brazos type cuts. I thought it would be cool as Tanfoglio already had a V8 and V12 but no V10 :P

Just goes to show there is a LOT that can be done with these guns that most never know about. If you aren't happy with your purchase Lion let me know, they can be made MUCH better then they are from the factory.

post-8969-1247688588_thumb.jpg

post-8969-1247688600_thumb.jpg

post-8969-1247688611_thumb.jpg

post-8969-1247688623_thumb.jpg

post-8969-1247688640_thumb.jpg

post-8969-1247688650_thumb.jpg

Edited by JoshF

JoshF> Thanks for posting the extra pics. It looks sweet!!! One question though. Do you know how much weight difference there is between the stock slide and the V10 version you made? I see that you have an uncut slide Limited to, do they shoot different?

JoshF> Thanks for posting the extra pics. It looks sweet!!! One question though. Do you know how much weight difference there is between the stock slide and the V10 version you made? I see that you have an uncut slide Limited to, do they shoot different?

If I remember right it was 7/10ths of an ounce. Yes they do shoot different for sure. It's a mild difference but just a bit more snappy. Leo Hallak has a modified that is I think 1.5oz lighter then stock and it's FAST! I like fast snappy slides though. Some people think snappy guns feel brutal where I really like them as long as the gun isn't doing anything stupid, It's all personal preference. There are other things you can also do to make these guns feel and shoot great. I'll start a post tomorrow w/pics since I hate to hijack this one further :D

Yeah, Leo's shop is like weight watchers for Tanfoglios... It's where they go to lose weight and get in shape :roflol:

Kind of off the subject, however I noticed it in the pics. Is the EGW hammer stock or did you have someone do the low mass cut on the hammer??

Josh does that himself at my shop.

Leo

Edited by JoshF

Just a word of warning, that slot cut in the hammer is an infringement on Doug Koenig's trade mark/patent. Doug doesn't take to kindly to someone copying his property.

Rich

Just a word of warning, that slot cut in the hammer is an infringement on Doug Koenig's trade mark/patent. Doug doesn't take to kindly to someone copying his property.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

If slotting an EGW made Tangfolio hammer originally designed by George Huening constitutes a patent violation I'd be amazed. Seeing how I'm not marketing this either I see absolutely no issue with it. If Doug feels otherwise he can feel free to contact me here.

Nice gun Liontribe! They are pretty right out of the box.

lotta great info here. i have scored a nice .45 and i will be getting by the end of the month. very excited. here is one of the pics the seller sent me.

P1010500.jpg

liontribe

Rich

Rich, I own the pistol; actually bought the base pistol from you. However, we am unable to find a patent for the Koenig hammer (and/or registered trademark) and to be any kind of "infringement" on a trademark it would have to be used in "trade", i.e. sales/advertising. I have no idea if Doug does not like someone copying his hammer design which EGW makes to fit a 1911 pistol. I can guarantee if EGW made Doug's hammer for the Tanfo, we would have bought it instead of spending about the same money for the hammer and then going through the time and expense of cutting it. I always thought that imitation was the sincerest form of flattery. So if you have information on an actual patent or trademark please let me know, otherwise, "just a word of warning", that you should not go around accusing people of patent infringement unless you truly know what you are talking about. I don't know patent law so I asked my brother my brother worked in the Patent office when he began his law career to search the website: http://www.uspto.gov/ He promised he would not take up gunsmithing and would just stick to engineering and law.

WOW...... Lots of anger about a someone cutting their own hammer. I can see if he was selling these hammers with the cuts in them, but doing it yourself for your gun? That seems a little extreme to get all angry about it thinking that someone is infringing on your business/petent. I guess I will have to keep my personal gun modifications top secret in fear of the Patent Police coming to get me.

Patent # D 362,709 read the Claim section.

Rich

14 year patent that shows a date of Sept. 26th, 1995 does that mean it expires here real soon? or is it on the date it was filed in 1994?

Leo

Patent # D 362,709 read the Claim section.

Rich

George Huening = Doug Koenig?

Doug bought it from George? No wonder a search for Koenig as the inventor found nothing.

Mr. Huening is the inventor. So it is the Huening Hammer. I stand corrected!

No anger in my posting, just being informative. I get a least a call each week with someone wanting me to do the cut to their hammer. I have to decline their request. I asked Doug awhile back for his permission to do the cut, he hasn't gotten back to me on it. If someone wants to do it to their own hammer or someone does it for free for somebody else doesn't make it OK to do in my opinion.

Rich