Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer shipment from Wolf on July 15

Sandro

$26 per thousand, basically. Not bad. Has anyone tried running these primers in a Glock with a light striker spring?

Yes, tried Wolf large pistol primers out of my G-21 with a lighten striker spring. Not 100% reliable as the Feds. But I would consider going back to a stock spring if the Wolf was all I could get. Just for your info, the Wolf LP primers were more reliable and easier to set off than the Win LP. Just not quite as easy as Feds.

I've had 100.000% success with my Wolf SR primers. I can't say that for my Winchesters but they are probably 99.99% GTG.

I ordered another 20K of assorted Wolf primers from Widener's last night. I'm good for at least the next month. :rolleyes:

I've had 100.000% success with my Wolf SR primers. I can't say that for my Winchesters but they are probably 99.99% GTG.

I ordered another 20K of assorted Wolf primers from Widener's last night. I'm good for at least the next month. :rolleyes:

That is good to hear since I've got 15,000 on the way.....and I had my doubts.

Still some companies might let quality slip a little when faced with overwhelming demand and the highest profit margins ever for primers.

Time will tell.

Anecdotally, I am hearing that the quality of finished ammo in general has slipped recently. Possibly because they are running as hard as they can to make the stuff.

BB