Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More AirSoft *brilliance*

ChuckS

No, no riding mowers here! Just about $30 and some MacGyver-ing. I really wasn't sure how this AirSoft thing would work so I didn't want to drop a lot of cash on targets. It turns out I can FUBAR the rack with AirSoft just like at the range. I think this might just work!

post-400-1247539695_thumb.jpg

Later,

Chuck

(The targets on the garage door are dryfire targets)

The bar for airsoft stages has been set pretty high. :ph34r: If you are not moving, and there are not outdoor power product involved, you are just playing catch up. If you can figure out how to integrate a gas weed eater into your stage, you will get some bonus points. B)

Randy

I'll fix the topic title for ya. :)

Nice!

I'd like to see an airsoft texas star!

I have been thinking about that but I have not come up with any mechanism to keep the plates in place while spinning but allow them to fall when hit. But then, I am an electrical engineer by trade and my mechanical engineering skills are pretty much useless.

I'll fix the topic title for ya. :)

Nice!

I'd like to see an airsoft texas star!

I have been thinking about that but I have not come up with any mechanism to keep the plates in place while spinning but allow them to fall when hit. But then, I am an electrical engineer by trade and my mechanical engineering skills are pretty much useless.

oh, its coming.

test video of the BAM Pendulum

I like it! After dealing with that puppy, a Texas Star should be easy by comparison. Does that unit also spin once you start taking off plates?

The BAM STAR won't spin as fast as the BAM PEDULUM because of the more evenly dispersed weight. From this design, we are experimenting with some weight driven activaters. In the spirit of true training, I won't be doing top to bottom engagement of the star anyway. I would activate by hitting a lower target to start the movement, that way I start trapping or tracking the target. I generally don't have a terrible tim with texas stars but I, like everyone in my class, struggles with one that starts really moving on you. I think this type of stuff just helps with the vision, staying with the sights and peripherally knowing where the target is while its moving.

I will try to put some video up soon.

I like it! After dealing with that puppy, a Texas Star should be easy by comparison. Does that unit also spin once you start taking off plates?
Explosive shooting fun results when you test your skill against this rotating target holder. The wheel holds nine VisiChalk targets on a sturdy metal frame, and rotates when a target is hit to increase the challenge.

I have plans for a Texas Star to accompany my plate rack.

I've been thinking along the lines of either attaching the plate to a magnet, or maybe a small binder clip. The primary challenge is going to be keeping the five arms and center bearing light enough that those tiny plates will really start it swinging when they're removed.

I have plans for a Texas Star to accompany my plate rack.

I've been thinking along the lines of either attaching the plate to a magnet, or maybe a small binder clip. The primary challenge is going to be keeping the five arms and center bearing light enough that those tiny plates will really start it swinging when they're removed.

You can use an activator and a falling weight to get the spin rate up. ;)

Later,

Chuck