Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jpoint questions?

mosqueeler

I am pretty new with this open thing. I just bought an sti with a Jpoint milled in, looks awsome. I am wondering if the thing ever shuts off. I have a cap for it but dont know. I did try to get it into total darkness in the basement and it stayed on, very dim but was on. Do you guys pull the battries to shut it off? how often do you change the batts.

Light in the fridge is funny! I have three kids that have asked that ??? 100 time. Do i mess with them, Why YES i do. Until they open it enough it never shuts off. Now i am thinking how many times i have cracked the cover just to see if its on. HA HA. I really like the little sight. Dare i say i like it more than the c- more i have on my other. I have and will repalce it yearly then, i just did'nt know. I did not get the instruction manual with it so did'nt know.

Thanks for the info i will stop cracking the cover on it, Maybe HA HA.

I guess this is a good place to ask this ???? the gun i bought was built by Josh Halfman. Anyone know of him or if he is still in bussiness. I had thought about getting a limited slide made for this one with the flames and all. I hope my pic posts we will see I got alot of non computer skills

post-15485-1247413451_thumb.jpg

I guess this is a good place to ask this ???? the gun i bought was built by Josh Halfman. Anyone know of him or if he is still in bussiness. I had thought about getting a limited slide made for this one with the flames and all. I hope my pic posts we will see I got alot of non computer skills

Talk about unique. Was the flames and popple holes your idea? How's the dot lift look through that jpoint? sorry for the thread drift.

Preston

This is a jpoint related question:

How big is the glass in comparison to the c-mores? I assume its not an issue regardless of it's size?

This is a jpoint related question:

How big is the glass in comparison to the c-mores? I assume its not an issue regardless of it's size?

Jpoint lens is a little smaller (and plastic not glass).

The benifit over the c-more is that it is closer to the barrel line so have almost no parallax error like the c-more.

Down side, plastic case and lens which will scratched easily and dot will not be a round as a result (star pattern).

I personally like the new Burris Fast fire. Almost the same as the Doctor sight at less then half the cost ($199 vs $495), same mounting pattern as the Doctor, Glass lens, Metal case.

MDA

The flame were not my idea. I bought the gun just last week . It was built in 2001 the smith did a outstanding job on it. I have only 60 rounds through the gun personally. From what i have shot it, there is very limited muzzle jump compaired to my other open. I have an open with the c-more and comp and dont like it near a well as this one. I normally shoot SS so it was a big change with the c-more. This set up seems to be the SH**. The glass is a little smaller but so far i have had less problem finding the dot than the c-more.

one thing i forgot is the jpoint is the newer mod. it has an auto lighting for the dot. when i started messing with it in the basement with limited light the dot did not look very bright. I changed the batt. this still did not help, this is when i got online and read about the auto bright adjustment. i shot it sat in full sun and loved it. The dot to me is brighter and clearer than my c-more. FYI the dot is a 4MOA.

Edited by mosqueeler

Assuming you shoot with both eyes open and target focus, the size of the glass and sight body are irrelevant.

This is correct. I've been shooting a slide mounted J-point for steel for a 6-8 months now and I really don't notice the body at all. I shoot a c-more in USPSA matches and the drill is the same, when the dot's on the target, pulll the trigger.

I know that the lens are plastic not glass but mine is not fuzzy at all. I would compair mine with my c-more, c-more is older though. I have however cleaned the cmore with creamy peanutbutter and it helped take out the scraches, it was used. Yes i know but its a hell of a polishing compound.