• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Gentlemen, my name is Clay.

Nice forum you all have here!

I have been perusing this thread, lots of nice work!

Thought I'd show off a set, they are an aquired taste, I know some of you probably aren't into these sort of designs.

Tell me what you think, I can handle constructive criticism as well as guidance to improve.

paidgrips1.jpg

paidgrips2.jpg

I like these, do you make them yourself? and how much?

Esmeralda's are very nice grips, her Cocobolo is especially nice.

One thing I would recommend, if your getting really nice wood grips, don't ruin them with any sort of texturing or patterns. Smooth wood grips are just stunning and on a gun that doesn't get hard use, and has frontstrap and backstrap texturing like yours, you will never miss the texture on the sides.

If you like the bone/ivory look, know someone who can make the grips, and have some friends who hunt, I suggest elk horn. It is a durable yet attractive material that can be scrimshawed and some of it can be had without harming the animal as they shed it every year. A friend of mine used some to put grips on his 1911, and while I wasn't overly impressed with his finished product, I was impressed with the material he used.

Just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...
Esmeralda's are very nice grips, her Cocobolo is especially nice.

Who makes the best looking grips...not who's the best looking grip maker :roflol:

She does make nice ones too.

While good to look at, she does in fact make some awesome grips.

This is one of my latest. I don't usually do Cowboy grips, but this lefty would not take no for an answer. He wanted the stippling on the left grip only. They are made of Rock Maple and have a little fancy here and there. I used Tru-Oil for a finish after much sanding.

All comments are welcome.

Enjoy!

post-20289-1259356122_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

shoot!!! ONLY $2600....I am ordering 2 sets right now....I'll slap em' both on guns that are worth less than the grips....makes sense to me!!!

:roflol:

whoever does the grips on Gemeni Customs, does some of the finest work I have ever seen...

whoever does the grips on Gemeni Customs, does some of the finest work I have ever seen...

Yup Marc has Wicked grips do his.

WOW!!!!! good to know....those are works of art...I am not much on the inlaying, but their selections of wood....that is some amazing artwork there....if I ever decide to build a BBQ gun....I'll give Wicked a call...thanks for the info

Wicked desert ironwood

Those are some awesome grips, nice grain and contrast. Very nice blanks.

I really just wanted to wish everyone here a

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Also to say thanks for all the kind words and plugs that have been given. If I can ever be of assistance to anyone, please don't hesitate to contact me.

• 2 weeks later...