Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sorting Brass

TriggerT

One of the guys I shoot with worked several large tounaments this year, and received some brass for his efforts. Since he has since decided to get out of IPSC, he asked if I wanted the stuff. DUH... Really nice of him but....

Now I have 3 five gallon buckets of totally mixed, dirty brass to go through. I know I shouldn't be bitching, free brass after all, but sorting through the stuff is just such a pain in the a$$.

I'm going to go invent the automatic brass sorter, so I can retire from my crappy job, and concentrate on shooting more. :lol:

grassy knoll:

Of course, you don't run off 220V AC, either :D .

BTW, if you have preloaded primer tubes and a good rhythym, 600 rounds an hour on a SDB is not out of reach.

They were giving away Dillon primer fillers as prizes at the Infinity - I could almost forgive Mike Dillon for dusting all of our cars with an inch of Nevada grit with his helicopter (but since I didn't get the primer filler, mebbe I won't :D - Ah well, just have to crank up production by buying a 650 instead).

Our range hosts 3 fairly large matches a year and I always sneak out at sunrise the morning after and pick up those expensive little 38 super cases. I don't shoot open, but Dad does and he's on a fairly limited budget. So I don't mind a little legwork and a sore back if it'll save him some $$$

My dad and I buy brass from an indoor range sort it and resell it for reloading . since they are in the middle of hunting season right now they have 2-55 gallon barrels and 19-5 gallon buckets for me to pickup . Our last purchase wa 15-5 gallon buckets so I definitely feel your pain .