Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So I picked up a couple thousand BR's and some CCI Small rifle primers. Should be on the road tomorrow.

Prices:

CCI BR's - $70/k

CCI SR - $55/k

All in all not bad really (given the way things are). If you call Kurt at 406.443.4119) and let him know Richard White sent you, they've got a ton of primers. Mostly CCI & Federal.

Rich

Walked into a small bicycle shop here in Albuquerque yesterday. The owner is a skeet shooter and stocks powder and such for his buddies. CCI small rifle primers @ $36.50/K. Had some magnum small pistol for the same price.

CYa,

Pat

Primer and powders have gone up 15% from our distributors over what prices were 6 months ago. The really sad part is a good portion of the community thinks we the retailers are just using these hard times for our benefit. I have primers that will be here Monday, but they will only send me 3 cases of any 1 thing. That keeps the HazMat fees stacking up on me. In my position, it's at the point of not being worth the hassle I went through to get the HazMat training and paying for all the fees associated with it. If I make $3 per 1k on the primers, have to buy the appropriate shipping boxes, labels, fill out all the forms, jump through flaming hoops, and carry enough insurance to cover an accident that occurs during shipping (if there is a HazMat item on the truck I am responsible for the clean up), then I'm in the hole. Yet if I try and make $10 bucks the community (my friends) think I am gouging them. It's really a lose/lose situation for me. I'd rather not make anything on them than have people think I am gouging them, that's why I priced them at $37.00. Care to guess how much of that actually goes in my pocket? :angry:

I happened to be in a Sportsman's Warehouse today for the first time in months. I walked the reloading aisle out of morbid curiosity and you could have knocked me over with a feather. They had a ton of primers for 24.99 per thousand! I have a good supply, so I passed them up. Hopefully this is a sign of better times ahead.

Our local Sportsmans Warehouse is good on primers too, shotgun primers. Everything else is out of stock and they told me they don't even have any on order because the supply is so bad.

Don't expect things to get any better any time soon. With ATK getting back to back to back contracts with the Lake City Armament, we are not going to see a lot of primers for at least 2-3 more years. They own Federal and Alliant powders, and are the largest buyer of Winchester primers. While they have multi billion dollar contracts with the government and LE agencies, they are keeping a large portion of the components to fill those contracts. They continue to buy up more of everything in an effort to restore the Lake City supply that has dwindled terribly in the last 10 years. There are millions of rounds in the sand box that will never come home as we are also supplying I.F. with weapons and ammunition.

Get what you can, it ain't even close to being over.

Here's a little widget about the 4 year renewal they got in April, and just this week they got another contract to supply the Army with a new .300WM sniper round worth millions.

U.S. Army Recognizes ATK's Proven Management Capabilities with Four Year Lake

City Army Armament Plant Contract

First Orders Under New Contract to Total $481 Million

MINNEAPOLIS, April 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Alliant Techsystems (NYSE:

ATK), the world's leading small-caliber ammunition manufacturing entity, has

been awarded a contract from the U.S. Army Contracting Command, Rock Island

Contracting Center, Rock Island, Ill., to continue operating the Lake City

Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) for an additional four years. Under the new

contract, ATK will continue to supply small-caliber ammunition through

September 2013. The award assures an uninterrupted supply of ammunition to

the U.S. military beyond ATK's current 10-year contract.

The U.S. Army also awarded ATK $481 million in orders under the new contract

for production of 5.56mm, 7.62mm, and .50-caliber ammunition and to continue

work to modernize the Lake City facility.

ATK began operating the plant, located in Independence, Mo., in April 2000 and

has increased production from 350 million to more than 1.4 billion rounds

annually. The plant has the capability to produce a mix of 5.56mm, 7.62mm,

.50-caliber, and 20mm cartridges, as well as ammunition links.

Go read THIS and you'll soon realize where all of the reloading components are going. ATK is not the only company landing huge contracts for loaded ammunition.

Don't think I would use Sportsmen's Warehouse as a barometer of anything component-wise.

They filed for bankruptcy awhile back (March I think...about the same time Joe's went out of business). Some of the stores were bought out by a Canadian company and the original company is trying to run the rest of them. I suspect those with stock were sold and those without were not.

Pretty sure I heard similar about the Canadian buy out. Through the rumor mill (so I apologize for errors) the company that is buying out Sportsmans Warehouse is the same that owns DPMS, Remington, et. al. Anyways...I'm excited that I get to shoot for another month or two. The SR's are for Benning. The BR2's are for practice and the Allegheny.

Rich

I happened to be in a Sportsman's Warehouse today for the first time in months. I walked the reloading aisle out of morbid curiosity and you could have knocked me over with a feather. They had a ton of primers for 24.99 per thousand! I have a good supply, so I passed them up. Hopefully this is a sign of better times ahead.

damn I was just over there shooting area 1 missed it by 2 weeks. I will have to check our local sportsma....er wholesale sports. The names have been changed on my local stores.

Actually they are

FED PRIMER SMALL PISTOL 5000/CS

Item Number: FD100 · Availability: Out of stock

Add to Cart Price: $133.99

That's $26.80 per 1k. We got 15,000 of them. Add Hazmat, shipping/handling, and credit card charges to that and you have primers that cost $35.40 per 1000.

Yes Sir, I have 1000 of them.

Cool, set them aside for me. Hope to see you Saturday; let me know how much to bring.

Thanks!

Leam

--Addendum... I won't make Tallahassee tomorrow. --lh

Edited by leam