Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Guy / Wallet / Bill Facing Tip

As far as I know I invented this...

;)

I've needed reading glasses for about 5 years now. I used to bitch about it - but now whatever - it's a way of life.

Anyway... I seldom have my reading glasses with me. So if I need to fork over some cash - especially if the lighting isn't all that great - I put all the bills, except for the $1's, so the back, lower right corner is visible when you open the wallet.

Now, with the newer style bills, I can pretend like I can actually see.

:)

So , I have to ask. Do you shoot with or without corrected lenses?

I too, am being stubborn and have not been to the eye doc. So far, I can still see front sight on a 5 " gun when I am not to tired. I just don't want to go to corrected lenses, because I feel like I will lose my perirpheral(sp) vision.

As for "facing" the bills...I've done that for years but for a whole other reason. I've worn glasses since around the age of 5 so I can't really relate. ;)

Back more years than I like to recall I managed a pizza parlor. I was quickly instructed that bills get faced when they go in the till because this cuts down on change making errors (yes, really). This was in the era when the $2 bill was making the rounds and keeping those out of the 20's was a chore. The bank tellers also pretty much demanded that deposits came in "faced" because they had been instructed similarly to me.

After being broiled by the gaze of an unhappy bank teller a couple times (even before I asked her out) I made facing bills a habit and it has stuck. And no, she never went out with me. ;)

But your reason makes a lot of sense with the new bills.

Anyway... I seldom have my reading glasses with me. So if I need to fork over some cash - especially if the lighting isn't all that great - I put all the bills, except for the $1's, so the back, lower right corner is visible when you open the wallet.

I lived in Germany for several years and loved the fact that bigger bills were, well, bigger.

With the new bills in the US the big numbers do help. Now if I could just read the bill (check).

FWIW, Bank tellers are trained to count the 'faces' on the bills, not whatever it says in the corner. Seems some shady characters like cutting one corner off four large bills and sticking them all onto a smaller one and trying to pass it. Easier with the old bill style.

I lived in Germany for several years and loved the fact that bigger bills were, well, bigger. Amen to this. Within a few months over there I could tell what I had on me in the dark.

With the new bills in the US the big numbers do help. Now if I could just read the bill (check).