Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why 9mm Major?

Ed Robinson

2 weeks ago I had a guy brassing while I was "UP" and the stage was being reset. He was IN THE WAY!!! I was rather pissed about it.

IF you want to collect your brass, do it on your own time

That's just an education issue on the part of the one guy. It can just as easily be the person in the hole or on deck in the way of the shooter who's up....in each of those cases a polite comment can fix the problem with that person forever. If I'm brassing or taping or setting steel I always try to stay out of the way of the shooter who's up (sometimes just taping can put you in the way if you don't pay attention). R,

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who recently made the decision my final criteria came down to brass availability. Like someone else said, everyone makes 9mm brass; only one company (that I could find anyway) makes 38 SC.

Last I knew Armscor was making 38SC and a couple of companies were making 38TJ which is close enough to SC that it'll work just fine in a gun set up for SC. R,

I just shot up 2000 rounds of Armscor 38SC brass, no problems. It is the same dimensions as my Starline. It is head stamped AP 38 super RL, stands for rimless. I was giving about 30 a thousand less.

2 weeks ago I had a guy brassing while I was "UP" and the stage was being reset. He was IN THE WAY!!! I was rather pissed about it.

Grow up. Eventually the brass has to be picked up anyway and very few reloaders leave their brass at a local regardless of the caliber. Shooters around here generally work together as a team to reset the stage and picking up brass and mags is just part of the process.

Grow up. Eventually the brass has to be picked up anyway and very few reloaders leave their brass at a local regardless of the caliber. Shooters around here generally work together as a team to reset the stage and picking up brass and mags is just part of the process.

Grow up??? I want MY time when I am up!!

WE police brass when the match is over, he was picking up .40

"Grow up"? Get over yourself

I just shot up 2000 rounds of Armscor 38SC brass, no problems. It is the same dimensions as my Starline. It is head stamped AP 38 super RL, stands for rimless. I was giving about 30 a thousand less.

I have used the AP 38RL as well and have found it to be excellent.

WE police brass when the match is over, he was picking up .40

Yeah, last year I shot at a club that policed brass after the match. The guys on my squad told me how it worked "we pick up everything and sort it after the match". I then watched that guy walk off with over 100 of my 38SC cases....clearly they didn't "work together" and my brass was marked with the entire extractor groove filled with bright green marker.

Normally I don't have to worry as my MC gun throws cases about 20ft so I'm normally not in anybody's way.

Regardless, this isn't about picking brass during the match or afterwards, it's about people not being aware of what they're doing and getting in the way of the shooter who's next....education will fix that as easily as anything else.

As the OP'er, I didn't want to start a stink. I was just wondering if there was a real benefit other than brass availability. I mostly shoot bianchi and hoover the brass at the end of a stage ( alot more laid back than an IPSC shoot). Even then I usually lose 10-20 per match out of 192 rounds and we're not running around either. I guess I know the answer to my question now. Ed