Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Perfect Pushup

wkj4567

If you want to get in shape, get The Perfect Pushup. Someone had a set at my office gym and I do them daily, around 20 minutes a day, 3 sets. They are probably 3x as hard as a regular pushup and really give you a good quick workout. Take it slow at first and build your reps up and you will be happy with results.

If you want to get in shape, get The Perfect Pushup. Someone had a set at my office gym and I do them daily, around 20 minutes a day, 3 sets. They are probably 3x as hard as a regular pushup and really give you a good quick workout. Take it slow at first and build your reps up and you will be happy with results.

I've been using mine on and off for about a year. They are way easier on the wrists than normal pushups and I think the better overall range of motion probably works more muscles.

+1 they are much harder than normal pushups too.

The only thing that makes them more difficult than regular push-ups is the extra few inches of range of motion. You want difficult? Try doing them on rings.

I have a list of 10 push-up milestones around here somewhere that I'll post when I get a chance.

Found them.

1) 50 Push-ups

2) 10 Handstand Push-ups

3) 100 Push-ups

4) 15 Handstand Push-ups

5) Tabata Push-ups: 20 reps/interval

6) 1 Handstand Push-up without wall

7) 10 Handstand Push-ups without wall

8) 15 Handstand Push-ups without wall

9) 20 Handstand Push-ups without wall

10) 1 Handstand Push-up without wall on fingertips

Push-ups are keeping body in a solid plank, down till chest and thighs touch ground, all the way extended on top.

Handstand Push-Ups are top of head touching ground and fully extended at top on each rep.

Tabata intervals are 8 rounds of 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest run concurrently.

This is enough to take anyone a few years to accomplish.

DROP! And knock them out maggot!!!!!!

Sorry I had an Old Fat Retired Guy,, Army,,,, Airborne school moment!To get the most out of you time,,,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might try the 30 Second set,,

Get a stop watch,, put it on the floor,, so you can see it wile pushing,

Do 10 push-ups stop rest stretch whatever, at 30 seconds,, 10 more,,,,, repeat

When you can do 80 to 100,,, you are good to go,, it takes 4-5 min,,,

Jim M ammo

Edited by M ammo

I just go the perfect pullup a few weeks ago and have been working on the abs and overall core strengthening. I have lost 20lbs and 3 inches off of my waist by cutting way back on carbs and doing about 30-50 crunches a day while hanging from the pullup bar.

Fastest way to increase #of push ups I have found. Do 3 sets of these. Regular pushups till exhaustion, keep going by transfering to knees until exhaustion. Rest 1 minute and repeat for 3 sets. I bet the perfect push up thingy's would be even more killer to use with this method. IMHO

Ring pushups will make "Perfect Pushups" seem easy. Jake's spot on with why the Perfect Pushup is harder than a regular pushup - its solely range of motion at the bottom (which is a significant thing). Ring pushups give you that and add in an instability. You can make something analogous to the Perfect Pushup by building paralettes out of PVC pipe - you can use them for In-And-Outs and full ROM handstand pushups, and stuff. The rotational aspect of the Perfect Pushup is going to change the muscular engagement a hair, but you can do the same thing with normal pushups by changing your hand angle around - that part of it isn't much a contribution, in the end.

Ring pushups, baby ;)

I've only got the first two on your list, Jake :D HSPUs w/o a wall are really a compound skill, though - not strictly a pushup skill, but definitely difficult as hell. If you want to throw pushing skills in there that build chest and shoulders, don't forget about those highly fun and entertaining ring dips! :D

Ring pushups will make "Perfect Pushups" seem easy. Jake's spot on with why the Perfect Pushup is harder than a regular pushup - its solely range of motion at the bottom (which is a significant thing). Ring pushups give you that and add in an instability. You can make something analogous to the Perfect Pushup by building paralettes out of PVC pipe - you can use them for In-And-Outs and full ROM handstand pushups, and stuff. The rotational aspect of the Perfect Pushup is going to change the muscular engagement a hair, but you can do the same thing with normal pushups by changing your hand angle around - that part of it isn't much a contribution, in the end.

Ring pushups, baby ;)

I've only got the first two on your list, Jake :D HSPUs w/o a wall are really a compound skill, though - not strictly a pushup skill, but definitely difficult as hell. If you want to throw pushing skills in there that build chest and shoulders, don't forget about those highly fun and entertaining ring dips! :D

I just want to do some good push ups, not be competitive in the ring exercise at the olympics.

You can also take the rings and raise them to do your push-ups with your feet in the rings. The higher your feet are, the harder they get. It can be sort of a progression to the handstand pushup.

There is a book called The Naked Warrior by Pavel and it has a lot on pushups and what adds difficulty. He is big on the one arm push up.