Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Airshows

rtr

What camera/lense setup did you use? Very nice shot.

Tried to go to the Whiteman AFB show last weekend here, but was in traffic for about 2 hours and bailed. I am less than 16 miles from there and that's how long the last 2 miles was, made it on base, but security lines would have been another hour.

Stealth bombers fly over my house all the time, so I guess I saw the main event already.

I have had the chance to fly some old warbirds and it was always a blast but I have never had the opportunity to go up in a jet like that and I can only imagine how incredible it would be. Very cool pics!

They used to do an airshow right near me. I'd get the screaming low passes over my back yard. Good views of much of the performance. No more. I think TSA :angry2: has killed allowing spectators on the field at an airport.

How was that 70-300VR? I was thinking about getting one.

I liked it. If you look at my Flickr the picture of the A10 with the cockpit open and the picture of the Osprey flying were taken with the 70-300

I think TSA :angry2: has killed allowing spectators on the field at an airport.

I had to renew my airport security badge last week. It gets crazier every year!!!

It is cool to be able to drive over and check them out thou... Last year they had a canopy that needed replacement so after the show we rented them some hangar space and they pulled it in and swapped it out. Amazing how small a hornet looks next to a 737.