Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Official (unofficial) IRC report...

Well, I can say that I have definitely done better down here at the IRC.. I shot stages two through seven and the bonus stage 12 today. I finished up right about 6 pm. I hear that the morning shift guys got rained on. By the time I showed up at the range, about 10:30a, I got my registration packet and headed straight to chrono. That took about 40 mins and I actually made it chrono'ing at 138 and change. I then headed over to the range for my wait to start at 1 on bay 2. Thankfully the weather held out and we finished without any rain. I saw Cliff at the chrono, Randy Lee and his brother Jeff, and several other people that I know from Richmond.

I can't give any details about how Jerry was doing but I have heard that he's been beaten on at least one stage by Elliot, and another by John Allchin who apparently burned down another of the stages beating everyone. TMC's daughter is doing really good, just like dad.. :) I had a nightmare on stage 7, the one with the double texas stars.. I loaded up.. holstered, the buzzer went off.. and something looked.. different :blink: Where the hell did my front sight go?!?!?!?! So I shot the evil stage sans front sight. I managed to figure out hold under and cleared both stars, running out of ammo on the last array of steel plates. I don't usually have 8 on the belt and one extra loaded, but I was happy I had that last moon since I actually needed it. 96 seconds, 3 bravos, and 3 charlies.. putting me up at 105 seconds and change. I think it's safe to say I tanked that one.

Happily on stage 12 I was able to shoot it clean and in a pretty ok time. I'm sure others will chime in. I'm shooting with a cold so all my practice likely helped me keep average.. though as bad a day as I had I'm not sure where I'm going to end up, something tells me not in the top 60... We'll see. It's been a fun match so far regardless. And we actually finished about an hour ahead of schedule this evening (We were supposed to shoot till 7 but we were done by about 5:45p).

My shooting is over for another year of the IRC. I shot better than last year, managed to do all my reloads with the cylinder still attacked to the gun... instead of on the ground. The wheels never really fell off, but I rubbed pretty hard against the guard rails. There were moments of sheer genius, followed closely be days of idiousy. Some day I will learn not to speed everything up when I start having great runs on steel stages. I do not think I'll be one that's asked to be in the shoot-offs. I had a heck of a lot of fun, met a lot of great people, got to shake hands with friends I hadn't seen since last year. I had a great squad, shot w/ Team FFL, we had 3 juniors on the squad who all did well.

Oh and btw, Looks like the SW Regional will be back at the Hogue Range at SLOSA next year.

Stage 1 Smokin' star, shot it well for me.

Stage 2 Sound Barrier, sped up way to much on the steel

Stage 3 Speed shoot, shot bot slow AND inaccurate

Stage 4 Down the middle, shot it way too safe, needed to go a bit faster

Stage 5 Clam Chowder, I think sights apparently are way over rated, must remember to completely open doors next time.

Stage 6 Exercise 123, I'd like to know who the idiot demon spirit was that took over the running of my trigger

Stage 7 Carnival II, a lot of fun, and didn't shoot it too badly

Stage 8 Lefty righty freestyle, Shot it clean, but fumbled the last reload, still happy about the outcome though

Stage 9 Long Shot, great shots until that one curving bullet that flew off course and slammed into Charlie territory

Stage 10 Pay me now or Pay me Later..... I did both... and still paying

Stage 11 Poppers, dropped 1 B, need to work on the reloads though.

Stage 12 Over the River, dropped 2 B's, got a little lost while running in circle from one array to another, did fine though over all.

Chrono'ed 127 142 MG over 3.9 Universal 1.10 in Starline 38 short Colt cases

Oh and btw, Looks like the SW Regional will be back at the Hogue Range at SLOSA next year.

I'd like to request the SW match not be in Feb next year? ;)

Stage 1 - One extra shot, shot the star clean..

Stage 2 - One screwed up run which was thrown out

Stage 3 - Oopsie on procedure.. one procedural and one Bravo..

Stage 4 - Nice clean runs, shot last string at full speed plus some and managed a 3.25.. No extra shots..

Stage 5 - One Bravo and one mike.. I thought it landed but with an overlay it simply was not there. No idea where it went.

Stage 6 - Six bravos.. Not sure why I couldn't hit the wing targets (1 and 3), #2 had 8 A's.

Stage 7 - Crash and burn with NO FRONT SIGHT! 3 bravo and 3 charlies, total time 106.22!! Threw the match right here.

Stage 8 - Shot clean with a good time..

Stage 9 - Two bravos in under 20 secs.. Not bad..

Stage 10 - Another 2 bravos in under 30 secs..

Stage 11 - Shot clean but a little slow.. Under a minute

Stage 12 - Also shot clean in under a minute..

Except for stage 7, I had no other charlies.. and one miss on 5. If not for the crash and burn on 7 I might have been in contention. Aw well... always next year..

Edited by sargenv

So can anybody report back on the results of the match?? I'm very interested to know who won Limited!

(I need to figure out how hard to kick myself for not being there....)

Results are on ICORE.org. Bagakis looks to have won limited

John shot an amazing match. I never saw him shoot but looking at his times; he must have been off the chain. Elliot and James also did well. This was a great match and a tough shooting challenge. For all who did not make it, you missed a good one.

oh yea, and there was beer.

LittleFFL had a great match. 2nd Jr Limited. I would like to thank all his sponsors,

North Mountian Moonclip

Starline Brass

Hogue Grips

Apex Tactical

Hearthco Moons

Secure Firearm Products

as well as others who have helped him out.

Nemo,

Cliff Walsh

Vic Pickett

Mike Carmoney

and Most of all

Rich Richards

thanks

congratulations to Louis S., Sounds like he's following in dad's footsteps. :cheers:

Nope.. He is actualy hitting the targets.. OOPS :surprise: Did I type that out loud? Sorry!!!!

Just made it back after a 27 hour trip back to Roger's hous in Arkansas and then a three hour trip back to my house in Ok. Oneton had another hour more tacked on his ride back to Kansas. Other than the first stage, the first day and being the first shooter, ( 5 B's at point blank range) I muddled through. Finished lower than I would have liked to to but probably better than I deserved. Oh Well ....next year....

So can anybody report back on the results of the match?? I'm very interested to know who won Limited!

(I need to figure out how hard to kick myself for not being there....)

Be glad that you saved your airfare Mike. John was taking no prisoners this year. :roflol: