Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My SDB

JimmyZip

So far this year I have loaded 9mm, and .40. I thought the caliber switch was easy. Took me about 45 minutes from one caliber, to putting out a properly crimped, proper length cartridge of another caliber.

I just bought a .38, and .45 set up, and once I have them set up, caliber conversions will commence.

And I have brass and bullets for all of them! Woo Hoo! :cheers:

This addiction is getting expensive. :devil:

Anyone in the Southern California area near Palm Springs need some electrical work done? :D

Edited by JimmyZip

With all the U-die and Lee FCD dies that seam to almost be must haves haves, How does the SDB with only three stations work out in chamber check percentages ? I have considered one off and on to set up in the house to load nothing but match ammo and use my 550 for everything else.

In my limited experience, here's how I see it.

I use the U die when I first get brass off the range or when I first process once fired. After that, for me anyway, I don't have to use it again, and my rounds chamber check fine using the barrel. YMMV, but that is what my experience has been. I don't use more than 1K rounds a month. It takes me about an hour and a half to load 400 rounds. While I am doing that, I am processing other brass outside through the tumbler. After I take a break, I come in and seperate the brass from the medium, and run it through the U die. If I have already run it through my pistols, it goes directly to the SDB and gets loaded. So I dedicate one night a month to reloading, unless I get bored, and just go nutty, pull an all nighter and just run until I run out of something. I love those nights.

There's nothing like having those big bags of fine tuned ammo to just go out and practice away.

Jimmy